Tuesday, January 16, 2007

wanna spend the night don't bring pajamas.

~gwenny gwen gwen.

so, my good mood is tapering off. partially because of the weather change, but mostly because I have a headache. it's one of my now-it's-raining headaches. hopefully the ibuprofen and my banana latte will make it all better! and at least it isn't a migraine...

but since it is rainy, this means that today I will listen to the Jayhawks (specifically their "Rainy Day Music and More Rain" album), and I will enjoy my daffodil that I brought to work (which came from the plant I got this weekend, except Gobi and Hazel--prolly just Hazel--decided to attack it, and this little daffodil guy was all bent over, so I cut him off and brought him to work with me), and I will drink warm things and eat fruit!

if I had my camera (soon, soon!) you'd get pictures o' the daffodil, but for now someone else's will have to do. daffodils are such happy flowers!!! ooh, and tu sorority girls--remember daffodil days? yikes. anyhoo, keep an eye out, 'cause there are some tulips, primroses and daffodils I'm itchin' to capture. all in good time, my pretty, all in good time.

Also, I have decided that I do not mind driving home in the morning as long as I have good music to listen to. (should that be to which to listen? or something? apparently carrie-the-grammarian isn't in full swing today.) And it is even more pleasant if you're in some terribly cute pajamas, such as Mary Alise's flannel ones with little cute penguins. Also, note to readers: "penguins" and "pink ones" sound rather a lot alike. I'm just sayin'...

Last night Mary Alise and I enjoyed baked brie, alouette with bagel chips, bread, salad and some of the leftover lasagna that Michael made (good job, btw!). And, um, two bottles of wine. All on a school night! Y'see, Mary Alise and I have a drinking problem--namely, that when we're together we drink an awful lot. Far more than usual, seriously. But we were talking about boys and relationships and travel and being each other's back-up wedding dates and how I'm going to come help her paint her house when she moves to Charlottesville, and we seemed to chug right through them.

And at first I felt a little guilty about it. I mean, it was a MONDAY night for crying out loud! And that's kind of a lot of wine! But then I got to thinking about it--and how much longer am I just going to be able to do what I want whenever I want. I mean, how often are you able to go over to a best friend's house, talk about important stuff, enjoy each other's company and crash there--without having to worry about the other eleventy billion things that are also important in your life? The answer to that is not very often, not very often at all.

Furthermore, it's not likely that we will live in the same town for much longer--and maybe never again--so I'm taking these opportunities whenever I can get 'em.

So I might have to add another resolution or four to my list for the year. Or maybe make myself a reminder list of the things I want to do/be. And one of them is going to be about living in the moment, and another about throwing caution to the wind (at least a little, and even in matters of the heart), and also to make a point of enjoying banana lattes often. And to tell people to keep the change more. And to drive in pajamas whenever possible. :)

happy halfway through january, folks.

1 comments:

brooke knight said...

me and the girls do that too when we are together- we get to talking about life, the universe, and everything, and i guess we just get THIRSTY! oops!
:D

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio