Tuesday, January 23, 2007

since when is myspace for dating?

okay, I'm a little creeped out right now. in the past fifteen hours I've had four--yes, FOUR--guys send me messages telling me hey/I'm cute/do I like long walks on the beach. Perhaps I should change my status to "in a relationship"--which, is technically kinda true, even though it's not a defined one. I mean, once you go on regular dates with someone you're in some type of a relationship, right? But really, WHAT? I'm sorry, is there some beacon or something I'm sending out? huh?!?

I know that people do online dating. I know that it's successful for plenty of people. And I'm all about flirtatious emails. Blushing at work is fun. :) And random compliments are certainly nice to hear, HOWEVER...1) my profile says I'm looking for friends. 2) on dating websites you've made your intentions clear--apparently I've just been wearing a "flirt with me" sign that only I can't see (like the emperor's new clothes in reverse!) and 3)yeesh.

I'm just going to shake my head at this one. Shake. My. Head.

update: holy hell make that FIVE in fifteen hours AND an offer to have "naked fun" with someone with "$1500 extra." um. oh. my. gosh. blocking people NOW.

and did you SEE THE NEW HEROES??? so good. sooooo good. mmm mmm mmm. I'm so much more excited about this show than LOST. Go ahead, chastise me for saying it, whatever.

also, good news: I was wrong, it wasn't a replacement crown, it was a new crown. Which is good. It hurts just as much, but it's good. My other (counting...carry the one...)--holy shit--I think it's NINE crowns--for a total of ten!--don't need to start deteriorating yet, thanks. I've decided I'd rather be hairy than have bad teeth. That was one of our discussions (mostly with them talking) at the dentist yesterday--hair removal is annoying but soooooo much cheaper. But I guess I'll take what I've got--not a lot of hair and plenty of teeth problems (no matter how well I take care of my teeth, for the record). This convo was made even more amusing when later, which chowing down on some sushi with Kara and Patty, we talked about waxing. I didn't bring it up either time, so I found it pretty random that I talked about it twice in, oh, four hours.

is it time to go home yet?

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

crap. i am hairy AND have very bad teeth. :(

katandkarl said...

no more teeth. please. ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio