Monday, January 22, 2007

half-nob or
lip-whore or
the first (and second )rule of fight club

right, so. those words/phrases comprise my weekend. well, sorta.

this weekend I had a whole lotta enchiladas. In fact, I had mexican food for three meals in two days--because I had it for lunch AND dinner on Friday, and then on Saturday I wanted to make *my* enchiladas, making three. And now I have a huge amount of leftovers. We almost ate them for dinner last night, but that's an awful lot of enchiladas. Heed my warning now, however: I will be having a Whole Lotta Enchilada party at some point. I've staked my claim on the name, thanks. :)

also on friday katie taught us how to play cribbage. It's actually a really really fun game. An old people game, too, but I'm glad to learn it now so I can get ahead of my fellow fogies when we're all in our rockers. "Team C" thought that Katie *might* have been making up rules as she went...BUT...perhaps not. And of course we're only allowing the possibility that the rules weren't bogus because we soundly whooped them for one of the games--ha! unfortunately no one got skunked...

and, for the record: it is only stereotypically an old person game. and what I mean by that is that I'm under the (potentially mistaken?) impression that the majority of people who play cribbage are markedly older than I. I might be wrong, for one, and two I never meant to imply that people who play cribbage, or who teach cribbage and lame/old/anything other than terribly cool. because, well, that's that. feel better now? ;)

and talking to sterling g. on saturday night was a riot, per usual. he'd just gone to skywalker ranch, and was telling me about his fun--except coded, a la fight club, as he was still with the gang who got to go to the ranch. he also eats sushi far far far faster than should be possible. and he called me a lip-whore. (he cannot, however, take credit for that phrase. it is eliza's, he believes.)

so, yeah. I'm a lip-whore. swell.

oh, and...anybody seen Talladega Nights? Last night we were underimpressed. I mean, there were most certainly some funny lines (such as "we invented the missionary position"), but we ended up turning it off halfway through and watching Big Fish instead. (by the by, if you've never seen this Tim Burton movie I highly recommend that you do. suuuu-perb. and a little bittersweet. and such good imagery/scenery. AND, there're some puns in it--some that I didn't catch the first few times I watched it. so so so good).

dentist time. how many 26 year olds do you know that have to have their crowns replaced? maybe this time it'll be a tiara! :)

3 comments:

SJ said...

Lip-whore isn't a bad word, so don't be offended I referred to you as one.

And you brought it up! =)

Jax said...

EW!! Dentists=no fun. Although, I DO hear that lawyers are quickly replacing dentists as having the highest suicide rate. Interesting? I think so. I've been watching too much A&E. :)

Anonymous said...

I prefer the term 'toungue-slut'

Just a thought :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio