Wednesday, January 24, 2007

if it's tickin' then it don't tell time like this

~pharrell, for gwenny gwen gwen

yesterday evening my watch stopped working. it is currently set to 10:15, which means it's been right twice today. and as good ol' alice in wonderland told us, tomorrow it will be "exactly two days slow."

eh. I'm still wearing it. I can't stand not wearing a watch. It makes me a little crazy. I really need to just pony up and buy a new one, but I don't wanna. maybe I'll just a get a battery. sigh sigh sigh.

also, random story from last night (pictures to follow when it's not so late at night). we went out in Chapel Thrill (or the Ill, as some call it) for Paul and Pramit's birthday. I had a very good time. EXCEPT for when, at one point, I was sitting by a friend of paul's girlfriend. He was funny, and was just plumb amazed that I smiled so much and laughed so much and was so NICE! He was from upstate New York, and apparently they don't grow girls like me there. But whatev.

So, we're all talking, yammering, carrying-on, etc. I have three quarters of my yummy pale ale left. Other than the Irish Car Bomb I'd purchased all of my own drinks and some for the birthday boys too. (which is fine, but also relevant) So, there's talking, talking, laughing and THEN, this damn Yankee, the New Yorker, who was fine company before grabs my drink and pours half of it into his? What?!? I mean, if one of my girlfriends did it, or if we were at a party with a keg, or if he'd bought me another beer afterwards this would certainly be forgivable. But as it stands.

as sydney c would say, "hell-to-the-no."

gah.

on a happier note, january is almost over. and if I can't look forward to some snow, then dangit I'm going to look forward to the spring!!! I already bought lotsa seeds and some containers to start the seedlings and some soil, and I'm super excited. yay.

oh, and. I'm thinking about dropping my class. As my mother so eloquently said, "Carrie, I just don't think you're cut out for online classes." And sometimes mother knows best. Maybe I can just give Kappa Delta the money back. Ooh, and I applied to be a National Volunteer today--either an Alumnae Division Director or and Alumnae Development Director or a State Coordinator. I think I'd REALLY like the Development position. They're all voluntary and whatnot, but I'm digging this idea. It sounds like a heck of a lot of fun and a REALLY good thing for me to do. I'll let you know if they ask me to be anything. :)

night night.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio