Thursday, January 25, 2007

four down, thirteen to go.

mmmmm...so. I'm getting a little overwhelmed right now. I thought all was hunky-dory in CarrieVille, but apparently I'm being a leeeeetle optimistic. I kind of felt like my head was going to explode and lots of little post-it notes of ideas/thoughts/to-dos were going to come out of it like confetti, so I decided to make a list.

and the list keeps getting longer.

y'see, I'm a cute list person. they need to be functional, but they gotta look nice 'cause I'm gonna be looking at them. they need to be neat, legible and preferably either color-coded or monochromatic. I'm a little obsessive, so sue me.

gah.

I love lists. I really do. I sometimes wish I had a pensieve like Dumbledore, except that it could function to let me make lists. I could just remove the concept from my head and not worry about it 'cause I knew it would be right there where I left it, and I could go back to it later. I TRY to do that when I write lists now, making an effort to remove it from my worry as I transfer the letters to the paper, but it doesn't always work out that way.

do other people write lists like this? are you a list-writer? karl had mentioned this, but I never checked it out. and google has a post-it thing on your homepage. but there's something about writing it out, the catharsis or whatever.

oh, crap. i just thought of something else. and now it's four down fourteen to go. maybe I need to start a new list!

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

i am a lister as well and simply
MUST write it by hand. it just FEELS better! :D

Anonymous said...

all I do is make lists, they're all over the place. car, home, work, only make I can make it through the day!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio