Friday, January 12, 2007

The Dirty Turkey.

That’s Michael, by the way. I forgot how annoying/wonderful he is when he’s drinking. We need to get on that nerdlympics thing. We’ve been talking about it for quite a while now…

Well first off, for you non-bowling-aficionados, a turkey is a bowling term, amongst other things. See?

Last night was a night of high brow-low brow double date with Kevin (aka BTS), Mary Alise (aka M A C) and Michael (aka Dirty), eating LOADS of yummy sushi and then going bowling. And we had a very very good time. Except for the part where I actually removed part of my sushi from my mouth—that was gross and unpleasant. I TOLD y’all I didn’t want to eat it! But then I felt a little challenged, and I’m real real bad at turning down challenges.

Case in point: this night.

Oh, and? Betcha never saw my name coming--not in a million billion gazillion fafillion years. Yeah, it was Nerd. Shocked? Yeah, didn't think so...

Anyhoo, bowling. Of course LOTS of “ball” jokes were made. Mostly by Michael. It was pretty funny too when Mary Alise and I walked away from the guys because were going to “look for some balls.” [imagine me shaking my head and rolling my eyes right now]. There was also some entertaining talk about relative ass size, and who had one, and all that jazz. It, by the way, is just a skosh disconcerting to hear your friend's boyfriend say to the guy you’re dating, “see, she does have an ass,” while you’re trying to bowl. Just a skosh.

Yeah,I wish I had my camera. It’s making me sad not to have it to record the many ridiculous moments that comprise my daily life. enough wishing…I’ve gotta be patient ‘cause it’s my own damn fault…

I did okay, and I very much liked getting strikes and spares—because celebrating them meant one heel-click for a spare, two heel-clicks for a strike. That’s what I do when I bowl. (When I was younger I used to get money every time I got a strike or a spare—at one point it was twenty bucks a strike!, but the amount came down as I got older and strikes became more frequent. The last time I bowled with my family I was probably, oh fifteen? So now I guess my heel clicks replace that?) Come to think of it, maybe it wasn’t so bad that nobody had a camera…

My best play of the games: when somehow, after seemingly bowling a gutter ball, I turned around in disgust/disappointment, and michael came over to pretend-console me. He started to hug, and stopped, and said "damn!" Because somehow, despite having totally bowled a gutter ball halfway down the way, I managed to knock down six pins! And then spare! And then heel-click!

We played two games, couple v. couple. The first game Kevin and I beat them rather soundly, though Michael had the top score. And the second game we were neck-in-neck for most of the game. It was the tenth frame, and Michael got a Turkey. Last frame, last game, neck-in-neck, a Turkey. That’s like a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth in a down-by-one game. Damn.

And of course, once he got the turkey, the screen said, with its big X, “Dirty Turkey.” Good stuff. Gee-double-o-dee. Which was only outdone by him doing that thing that wrestling crotch chop thing—he’d been doing that throughout the game, but three-in-row? PRICELESS.

Thank goodness Michael doesn’t wear outfits like this. But it would be damn funny if he did. (and sorry for you all needing to scrub your brains now. ew ew ew!)

And with that horrifying mental image (which hopefully that good scouring will erase), let’s celebrate it being Friday! I am VERY tired, and I want a nap, and I wish I hadn’t left my glasses at home. But on the brighter side, I got to listen to good music this morning, and on the way to work I treated myself to a yummy latte at the new coffee shop by my apartment, I got to wear a TU shirt today (it always makes me happy to wear TU stuff. without fail. and, for jackie--let's go tulsa clap-clap-clapclapclap!--or chips and salsa!) and I’m looking forward to a very fun weekend!

later, gators.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just a skosh disconcerting to hear your date's friend's boyfriend say to the girl you're dating, "I see you have a problem putting hard things in your mouth", twice. At dinner, and again during bowling.

--Kevin

Turner said...

I'm glad the double-date went so well. And what does BTS mean anyway?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio