Thursday, July 13, 2006

the nerdlympics. or, beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy, sayeth Ben Franklin.

So, the boys schooled the girls at scrabble. Of course, it was dirty scrabble, meaning you got double word score for anything dirty. Weiner(s), vag, et al were played on the board. I earned 44 points with the word poo. And during this, I found out that Michael prefers the inappropriate-to-use-on-a-blog “c” word to the “p” word. Which I thought was odd.

Most girls get offended by the four letter “c” word. They may or may not might the five letter “p” word, but it’s often not nearly as offensive. And guys normally think along the same lines--that the "c" word is worse to use.

But not if you’re Michael.

Anyone else find this unusual?

Also, we drank far more beer than we realized. We were shocked to discover that the beer they’d brought was gone, and that what had been two empty bottles had turned into this.

Riiight. Tres fun, though.

And at this point we decided we needed a nerdlympics for Michael and me so we can settle this once and for all.. It’s going to be a seven part competition, but we’ve only come up with a few.

1. Scrabble. Real, official, by-the-book Scrabble. Best two out of three.
2. Tetris. A-type, best overall total score from three games.
3. Wood block building. Points will be awarded for highest structure, wind/weight resistance and beauty.
4. that’s all we got. Ideas?

I took this picture on my way out this morning, and I like it. Especially because of my little friend in the lower right hand corner.

And to end, remember the lesson taught to us by the Star-Bellied and Plain-Bellied Sneetches. I thought of it today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"C" word?

You mean the Coalition for the Liberation of Itinerant Tree-dwellers?

Or more likely in airline pilot lingo: See you next time!

care said...

yeah, the pilots lingo.

Dan and Otto say "gulf foxtrot" and "whiskey tango foxtrot" ALL THE TIME.

And have you heard the song called foxtrot uniform charlie kilo? riiight.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Bloodhound Gang.



P.S. -- Tell them it is "golf." ;)

care said...

that would be my fault. they know it's "golf." dan is a pilot, so he knows for sure.

I just sometimes lose things in the translations--especially with their southern accents. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow - half of a blog entry dedicated entirely to me. I'm honored. This cements the fact that I was thinking about on the way home - we have officially become each other's arch-nemesis. A friendly, playful pair of arch-nemesis, but ones nonetheless. Seeing how you love to argue I could be just one of many, but you are now officially mine (at least through our nerdlympics).

Speaking of, I don't remember the wood block building thing, but I have had a few ideas for our competition. 1. Sudoku puzzles (logic and numbers - a nerd's best friends) 2. A physical challenge of somesort (nerds have to take PE) 3. Something involving pocket protectors (what says nerd better than a pocket protector - could possibly be combined with #2) That's all for right now.

I think that you missed my whole point in the "c" vs. "p" word conversation. I don't think that it is appropriate for women to use either word. It's just not very attractive. Guys on the other hand can just use personal preference.

BTW - southern accents rock!

care said...

I own a pocket protector. And a pocket slide rule. No, really.

I've abandoned/come-to-terms-with my previous arch-nemeses, so you'll do. Not sure if you're a worthy adversary though. ;) I did learn an awful lot from them...and they hold a special place in my heart.

for the record, I'm not particularly fond of either of the words in question. I only say one of them, and I only use it during dirty scrabble or for shock value.

that being said, does this mean that you don't use the "d" or "c" words for male genitalia? because with your logic it seems that if I shouldn't use either of those words then it would be inappropriate for you to do the reverse. I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

Is Trivial Pursuit nerdy enough?

I'm sure you can find a nerdy enough edition...like Star Wars.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio