Friday, December 22, 2006

one.

one ring to rule them all.
one day left until I go to tulsa way-the-hell early in the morning.
one for the little bitty uh, uh, uh, uh baby! who was born, born, born in bethlehem!

one finger for a thumbs up, and for giving the bird, and to indicate that you're dainty while drinking a beverage. and to point. except then there's four fingers pointing back at you. :D

my turtleneck was worn and I'm wearing another today. and should you be rocking out with us tomorrow night (email me if you don't know the deets) there's a reasonable chance you'll see me in a turtleneck. I'm lovin' me some turtlenecks.

last night, for dinner I had polenta, leeks and fennel. (and no he isn't a vegetarian. I wanted to say no he isn't a veggie but I figured someone would say, what is he? broccoli? a carrot? hey, in the book zero there's this proof that says that winston churchill is a carrot, isn't that funny?--okay, so I'm the only one reading this that knows things like that but ANYWAY....) three things that were wholly new to me. and know what? I liked 'em! a little weird, but certainly yummy. pretty much anything is yummy if there's garlic on it. well, except pie. which we also ate--my great grandmother's recipe, the one that Jackie made for her work!

today I've already done two REALLY dumb and clumsy things. I should not have come to work. I came home TOO LATE!

1. Just a little while ago I tried to tighten the tie strap we're using on our nitrogen line because above ~15 psi it starts to hiss/leak. It's our quick-fix method until our shop guy can find something better. Anyhoo, the strap broke, and the due to the force with which I was pulling I hit myself in the face with the pliers I was using. I now have a nice little red spot on one side of my mouth/cheek that I'm hoping will go away soon. I don't think it was hard enough to bruise. I hope.
2. Also, shortly before the pliers incident, I managed to open a door into my foot. It was like stubbing my toe without moving, and with a pointy edge. very pleasant, very pleasant indeed. It makes me think of when I was on crutches my freshman year because I got a little too fresh with the door to Laura Craft's suite. Bad news bears.

alright. go time on finishing plating and permeating, then going home to do laundry and pack, then having girl time with Mary Alise and then--THEN---YAY TULSA! Hope I get to see everyone!



and a partridge in a pear tree.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio