Friday, December 22, 2006

i don't look back much as a rule.

-the shins.

Today is a Shins day. Every time I listen to their music I am happier. I heart the Shins. They're good stuff. Go watch Garden State and then listen to Chutes too Narrow. It's good for your soul, I swear. And New Slang? That song will change your life.

so.

I was just thinking about the last Christmas I spent in Tulsa-in 2005. I had a really good time, and I was there for a week, and I saw my friends and I met a guy who turned out to fall for me waaaay too hard, waaaay too fast, and I hung with my family and took pictures and saw lots of used-to-be-cool-in-high-school people. It was good. GOOD.

but this time is gonna be different.

and I'll tell you why.
Because if I'm seeing you or calling you or hanging out with you or drinking with you this weekend I WANT to see you. I LIKE you. And I'm (hopefully) going to see a lot of damn cool people--Sterling, Jessica, Cody, Renee, Mike, Sydney C and her Tom, my OCD, Randi, Brooke, Jackie, Melissa, Chris, the other Chris, Tim, Ellen, Andrea, Brian, Chrissy, my Wittle, maybe my Grandlittle and who knows who else I might be leaving off here but the point is--I'm going to have an AWESOME time. I've got it all planned out. And I'm pumped.

things I really hope to do (in no particular order):
~haircut
~eat zio's, mazzios and if I can swing it big al's
~have me some blue bell ice-to-the-cream
~go out on brookside with my friendy-friend-friends
~see my fam
~try on bridesmaids dresses
~see my granddaddy
~go to hob lob.
~see christmas lights, perhaps rhema?
~take lots of tulsa pictures, such as the driller and ones on TU's campus and one of that cool three-faced clock thing that was donated by a/the chi omega(s)
~take pictures of the impala
~get my oklahoma sky fix
~have someone sing "here's to sister Carrie" so then I can drink mf-er, drink mf-er, drink mf-er, drink!
~sing the twelve days of christmas with my fam
~play the piano.
~party like a rockstar.

etc.

aaah! so excited! yikes, must think about packing...

I don't look back much as a rule
And all this way before murder was cool
But your memory is here and I'd like it to stay
Warm light on a winter day.

~pink bullets, by the shins

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio