Wednesday, November 15, 2006

my allergies strike back

('xcuse the nerdy title)

So, let me get this straight: amongst various enviromental factors, soaps, perfumes and other substances and flora (and thankfully no fauca), including hickory and sycamore trees, I am allergic to wool. And cashmere. And angora. And polyester. And lots of other factors. And my allergy, by itself, is harming the environment. Huh.

Like, oh, let's say, 90% of my wardrobe is all cotton, maybe with a smidge of spandex or nylon. Maybe. I have some dresses that aren’t cotton, and a few wool sweaters, but even wearing those is a process, as my skin can’t actually touch the non-cotton fabric, or I itch. At least it’s mild. But yeesh.

oooh--and something exciting….see this pretty website here? I’m going to get business cards!!! yaaaaaay, brooke! [insert herky here?] I am super-dee-duper excited. Then I will give them away at my leisure (instead of writing everything on the back of my work business cards) and maybe, just maybe, I’ll be famous some day! ;) I am tres thrilled at this. And uber gleeful. And yay!

Eh. Time for plating o’ the tube-age. Yick. (why did I have to like bubbles so much? why, WHY???)

Oh, and while investigating my phone issues with the help of the cute guys at the cingular store, I found out about this—the cocktail neckware collection. Very cool.
They show the molecular patterns of alcoholic beverages as seen under the microscope. The guy, Beniamino, had one called Amaretto Sour. Quite neato, really. and omg I'm a terrible terrible nerd. I'm thrilled by how something looks under a microscope! I feel more nerdy every day!

so now I'll go be one officially...and enter the lab-coat-wearing world of lab 154.

kisses and too-da-loos.

tonight: the g-love with the sauce of specialness. and jackie will be (successfully) baking a pie!!! updates tomorrow, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout-out carrie! and have fun at g-love, we have seen them twice! good show!

care said...

are you absolutely sure we're related, adam? absolutely

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio