Sunday, October 08, 2006

vodka, anyone?


so, last week as I'm watering my plants, noticing how the basil is looking a little peaked and how there are about to be a bunch of ripe hot peppers and I see it! this watermelon growing in the bushes! somehow I'd never managed to notice it before--but it there, growing and nicely green! earlier this summer I was disappointed that my little tiny watermelon was a attacked by the squash bugs, who were kind enough to decimate my zucchini before moving on to my pumpkin (which I rescued) but for some reason they skipped over this guy.

now, I realize it's october. and this is a watermelon. and the two don't really mix.

unless vodka is involved...

oh and ps? word to the wise. don't use vanilla vodka to spike a watermelon. it might sound like it could be bearable--after all, how strong is that vanilla flavor, really...? strong enough. the kind of strong where you eat a bunch of said spiked watermelon in hopes of shutting down your tastebuds, and you just might end up very drunk with your friend ariel, easily coerced into finishing off the rest of that same vanilla vodka and having a very hung over fifth of july...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i prefer spiced rum for watermelon flavoring! YOUR WA-WA melon is so cute. way to go green thumb!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio