Monday, October 09, 2006

oh my fur and whiskers!

check this out!

on saturday it took seven and a half hours and five phone calls to get our dv-r delivered. We were "supposed" to have a four-hour delivery window, and Otto got up at 8am to wait for the guy. I'm calling his supervisor today, actually. when we played imaginiff on saturday at the merritt's my annoyance at the cable guy made otto choose to describe me as "grouchy as a bear" instead of the other five options--the most popular ones were "proud as a peacock" and "sly as a fox."

here’s otto driving like a granny on the way to the merritt’s…

and while at the home of the lovely merritts and after eating some delish food (including my pumpkin pie!) ariel realized she'd forgotten to give us the bread. she offered to give some to everyone to take home. she split the loaf between audrey and me, giving audrey the half in the bag and me, well, just the bread. no bag. no saran wrap. no ziplock. no nothing. which required picture taking...

so, back the the dv-r thing--y'see, I got so annoyed at the cable fellow because, I had something to do on Saturday. I wanted to enter that picture in the state fair competition. And I did--with about nine minutes to spare. Since they wanted good NC scences I was going to enter my "a breath of fresh air at oregon inlet" photo--the one of the shell with the ocean behind it. HOWEVER, Target's one hour printing of an 8x10 is pathetic, and I had to come up with another plan quick. But I'm quite glad I did, 'cause I entered this one. And imho it looks FANTASTIC! with the white mat and the black frame. Next week Otto and I are going to the fair to see my competition--it will be judged by the end of the week. The only crummy part is that since I didn't mail it in I have to go pick it up--on my birthday--between 8am and 4pm. Which means I'll have to work late that day to make up the time, if I do end up working that day..we'll see.

anyhoo.

there's only one problem with the photo submission, though. I kind of filled out the form twice--once for the pic I submitted and once for the shell one. and I kind of got 'em mixed up and didn't realize it until I was home . which means that my current pic is submitted under the wrong name...oopsie. oh well. they aren't judging the name, right?!? can I blame that on the cable guy? hmmm...

oh, and one more exciting photo thing. on friday I had lunch with a prof at ncstate who is also a photographer. I met him in april at the pca-nc event and I went to his show last month. we talked about grad school and photography, and he told me about an organization here and a new art store for me to check out, and said that he'd introduce me to some of his gallery contacts once I put together a portfolio. when I got back to work I emailed him my website, and here's what he had to say..."SH!T. You are damn good. What are you buying my junky flower photos for??? Your site looks great too! I've changed my mind, I am NOT going to introduce you to any of my gallery contacts;)!" it totally made my day. if you want to check out his stuff, it's at gorgaphotography.com. his website is still under construction, so just click on photos and you'll see 'em. anyhoo, happy carrie.

1 comments:

brooke knight said...

awesome! you're a staaaaaaaar!

we can relate to your dvr probs...grr on our cable company who hosed us and no-showed saturday so now we have no INTERNET, CABLE, or HOME PHONE for a WEEK!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio