Wednesday, May 03, 2006

so much time and so little to do.

wait a minute. strike that. reverse it.

okay, so we’re going to backpedal just a little.

My KayDee bragging…we raised over $1200 for PCA-NC with those raffle tickets we sold, and with the rest of the group we raised just over $1600. Yahoo! I got to do a check presentation in front of all the guests (that’s Amy Horton helping me) and we ran the champagne bar. Go us!

Next, the hike was last Friday. It would have been more fun if I felt better. But we went to even more places than last time—and this time we took video! In Sadlacks, the sketchiest of the sketchy bars, a guy complained to me that this place was pretty lame. I told him it would be less lame after he left, and then flashed my pearly whites at him! People just stacked the beers on the table at one bar, and Otto told some very loud stories. I had fun until the last bar, which we were at for an hour and a half. I wanted to leave after twenty minutes. I was the driver, and I didn’t feel very good.








On Saturday morning we toured this.

CBC was de-lish! The tour was entertaining and ABSOLUTELY made me want to pair up with a few of my ChE buddies and start a brewery. I’ll have to either earn a business degree or find someone to do my business stuff for me, but all in all I think it’s a fine plan. It was a very small brewery, and I think that’s what I liked best. Maybe the size of high school gym without the bleachers, maybe smaller. PLUS, there was free beer before and after—yippee! As the soberest I was, again, the driver. I dropped the boys (Greg and Erik and Otto) off at the Pulp and Paper Picnic and went home to nap and recuperate before going out for sushi.

I picked the guys up in Raleigh a few hours later. Off to sushi we went! Erik was *ahem* not well enough to join us, so he slept in the car while we had our meal. The three of us polished off eight rolls and got a bunch of ~wow!~ looks from our waiter and the sushi chefs. We asked the waiter why everyone was making such a big deal, and he said that normally a party of six would eat as much as we just ate. Apparently that means we’re “comfortable” with one another. Hmm. I also saw the ugliest hairdo EVER. I tried to be subtle and take a picture, but it just wouldn’t happen. So, um, just picture this. A woman in her late thirties/early forties in cute-but-too-young-for-her-clothes, with blonde just below the chin hair. And then with a fringe of dark brown hair flipping out underneath. So a blonde bob with a brown flip at the bottom. yeeech. I hope my friends would tell me if my hair ever looked that bad/amusing. Anyhoo.

and now to the finale. the sinusitis chronicus.

okay, that's not really the name, but it sounds cooler than chronic sinusitis. sigh. I have been sick for DAAAAYs. and to make the sickness even better...on Monday I went to the doctor because I had been feeling so yuck for the past eleven days. The day before I was useless. I spent most of it trying to sleep, and I woke up so many times! I tried to sleep propped up, but even that didn't help. And my throat hurt but my nose was clogged and pressurized, so breathing through my mouth was painful too. You get the idea. So, my doctor decides that we'll give me a medrol pack and ketek, a new antibiotic, and by 7pm that day I've improved markedly. Then it's 1030pm, and I'm wearing a camisole with a long sleeved shirt over it, and I get warm while cleaning the kitchen so I remove the long sleeved shirt and notice that it looks like someone has taken a semi-faded blue marker and drawn over all of the veins on my chest, shoulders, neck and even the inside of my arm. I kind of freaked out. I called my doc. And apparently that means those veins weren't returning blood to my heart correctly. Yikes! I'm now off the ketek but still on the steroids. Which is good, because as tony the tiger would say, they're grrreat!

Also, some tidbits.
The new PEARL JAM is out! Go get a copy for $10 at target! mmmmm good!
Gobi and Hazel were supercute last night--pictures to follow!
Uno's Pizza can still make Chicken Fajita Pizza--you just have to ask!
Friday is Cinco de Mayo!!! Ole!

and, my cabinet arrived on Monday! what all should I put in it? I never use my china (see above) so I'm reluctant to unpack it all (I'll use it someday though). What about just putting a couple of plates leaving up with cups and saucers in front on the top shelf? Or buying some pretty depression glass to display? And putting picture frames on the second shelf? The third has our rarer pint glasses and our not-often-used glasses, like shot glasses. Hmm...so! excited! I'll put pix up soon--better ones that before!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio