Thursday, October 26, 2006

i hate thursday.

not all thursdays. just this one.

when I got up my right side of my jaw hurt a LOT. all achey. like someone had punched it (and it wasn't terry goss). and I felt dizzy, as though I were drunk or hung over. I did have two glasses of wine last night, but seriously. Not drunk/hung over.

ibuprofen made some of the jaw ache go away, but I'm still mildly dizzy. I hope this goes away soon. At least I'm only a little dizzy and not afraid-to-drive dizzy.

and ooooooh! I. Am. So. Mad.

At work, his guy, M, was jsut really rude to me. He works in our shop, has been at the company forever and thinks pretty highly of himself. He's a busy man right now, what with our office and lab move and all. Anyhoo, I needed to ask him a question, and it was pressing, and M was in a conversation in my new lab. I waited for 3-4 minutes, standing there waiting patiently for him to reach the end of a thought or pause or take a breath so I could say "excuse me." AND HE ACTUALLY SAID, mid-sentence, "we're having a CONVERSATION here." I looked at him like a codfish, in the Mary Poppins meaning of the word. I heard the other two guys in the room--the chemical guys for whom I was asking this question--kind of mumble about what had just happened.

when he finally stopped another three minutes later, he said, "now (pause) WHAT (pause) do YOU(pause) need." a statement, not a question. He might as well have tossed his head all around and snapped his fingers. I soooo almost lost my composure.

I said, "I jsut need to ask a quick question, excuse me for interrupting, and M that was kinda rude." He interrupted-- "Well seems to me it was the other way around." And I said "Whatever. Anyway, are the tables put together enough so that I can put something on the bottom shelf as storage?" He said "no, they aren't" and started explaining why. I said "thanks." Took a whopping twenty seconds.

ass.

I mean, I know it isn't nice to interrupt, but sometimes it's necessary. I'm not going to stand there for twenty minutes while he practically yells at someone.

yuck-o.

so, also, I need your help with a halloween costume (ps, Jackie yours is fun!). I was going to wear my Alice costume and Otto was going to be the Mad Hatter, but as I'm sure you gleaned, that ain't happening. I think I'm going to a party at my photographer-friend's studio, and I need a costume. I was thinking maybe a super hero? Something 1) identifiable (no black canary, sterling), 2) not too modest or too skanky and 3) that I could just go buy from the store.

suggestions? I saw some cute ones on amazon, like this. And I can't just wear what I wore last year because I was 1/2 of the spartan cheerleaders. I want cute but not slutty, especially since I'm going to this party by myself...

hmm.
I could go get those cowgirl boots I've been wanting and wear 'em with a denim skirt?
be an 80s girl?
a witch?
hmm.

also, a notice. Nov 1 I'm changing my photo prices, 'cause, well, they're worth more and if I really want to sell them in a gallery then they can't be as inexpensive as they are now. so get 'em while they're cheaper...and again thanks for supporting me!

I'm looking forward to today being over. no more rude people or cubicles or bleh.

5 comments:

Turner said...

OK first - FUCK M

Next - Does it make me gay for being totally aroused by the sight of a woman... wearing a Robin costume?

Finally: My suggestions - You could totally pull off that hot little number you had on the link (in my opinion). Also, a chick wearing Robin's costume is recognizable, but not predicatable like Wonder Woman (there is a bat-a-rang joke there, but I'll leave it to the other perverts). Other superhero suggestions would be Supergirl (predicable yes, but probably easy to find), Batgirl (ditto) or, if you want to be different, Hawk-girl (she carries a mace, has huge bird wings and a golden helmet). non-superhero stuff I'd suggest are "Pirate chick" (but that'll be overdone... but think of the "booty" jokes!), a sailor-chick or more typical Halloween stuff.

Hope that helps. If M gives you any more shit, just pay my airfare and he's an afterthought.

Turner said...

Oh, and aren't you glad I left the whole "my jaw hurts" part of your blog alone? I could have TOTALLY had a field day with that one. LOL

care said...

yeah, you could have made a WRONG comment, thanks for not.

I think I'm going to be a witch, actually. that's my idea anyway.

and I might just have to take you up on your airfare offer... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

Unknown said...

I love the Robin Costume. I tried to get Sterling to buy a Flash one this year, but we're not going to any holloween parties. Someday I'd like to get a whole justice league together.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio