Wednesday, September 06, 2006

it never hurts to ask...

okay, well sometimes it does. but not in this case.

however, my newfound source of glee-for-the-day makes me also super lame. because I am excited--nay, thrilled--that my professor has agreed to let homework be due on mondays instead of fridays. meaning that I can work on it over the weekend, if I so choose. this makes me extremely pleased. and lame. plame? lased? pleamed? right.

anyhoo.

additionally, new camera complete with working memory chip? spectacular. i heart it.

This weekend I did hardly anything, which was nice. Helped Mary Alise get Sampson, bought new sunglasses, went to a party, slept and FINISHED SEASON 2 OF LOST. Holy smokes, people, that show is crazy sh*t. I am soooo looking forward to the first ep of season 3--which is less than a month away. Seriously, good stuff. And I am soooo mad at Michael. Sooooo mad.

Ooh, and shopped for couches. I have a few that I like, and one that I love, except I can't find fabric that I love. And then I also (gasp!) looked at leather couches. Which is soooo something I never thought I'd want, but actually, they're kind of nice. And they aren't all eleventy-billion dollars. Hmm. Otto and I went to, let's see...four places...and came out with a lot of "maybes." Hopefully I'll decide on something soonish.

and, uh, other than that I'm trying to figure out when, exactly, to go to Tulsa for Christmas. Which is harder to decide than you might think. I was hoping priceline would decide for me, but it's in a bad mood, so that ain't happening. Eh, whatev. There's lots of time, I just don't want the plane ticket prices to skyrocket.

Ooh, and? Finished Water for Elephants. I really enjoyed this book. Really really. It's about a circus and a vet and his life and wow. Well written and engaging and I could absolutely picture it all, which I like. I recommend it.

2 comments:

I'MA NUT CASE said...

I will have to check, Water for Elephants, out... thanx for recommending it! You have a very nice site, Carrie.

Jax said...

Come to TULSA!!!!!! :) Someone at work actually also recommended that book. Done. I shall now get it b/c 2 recommendations=good. :) What are you doing for new years? be in Tulsa or be somewhere else??? I totally wish we could all plan some sort of awesome get together in like Vegas..hmm.. Maybe I should stop planning so big til after I start making real money.. haha..

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio