Wednesday, July 05, 2006

no happy fireworks for me.

so, I didn't get to see any fireworks this 4th. I heard 'em, and I tried to see 'em from my apt, but no luck. Otto had to get up at 4am today for work travel, so he wasn't so keen on going out to see fireworks. I was hoping Frankie's would have them, but I think they had theirs on Sunday.

but really, it's no matter, 'cause the other three Fourth of July fireworks sessions I've seen have been pretty crummy. UNC's are lame, and the ones in Durham are boring too. Seriously, I'll say it again--Tulsa has wonderful, wonderful fireworks on Riverside. There's just something about fireworks over water. And it's not just a Carrie-hearts-Tulsa thing, either. When I was much younger I saw fireworks in Chicago over Lake Michigan, and they were breathtaking.

But I'm feeling less sad now (seriously, I almost cried a little yesterday) because I found this. Whew.

back to work now. will blog more later. now it's time to get cozy with excel. again.

oh, and highlight of the weekend? having a real, true midwesterner confirm my belief that Oklahoma is not, as lots of "southerners" put it, part of the midwest. yee-haw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get any either.

Fireworks, dear.


Yeesh.



I had to go to work at 4am today. :-(

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

I heard someone say, during the display, that Tulsa spent a million dollars on the fireworks. And something about being ranked nationally, as far as quality of the display goes.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio