Friday, July 14, 2006

to tube or not to tube?

but really whether or not we're going is the question.


We're supposed to be going tubing in VA this weekend, but I just don't know if I can handle it (or if we'll even end up doing it, but that's another story).

Amongst other reasons, because it's so damn slow. About 85% of the time I've been on a river it's been with my dad, brother and sister on the Illinois. Anna and I always had to be in a canoe together, and we fought the entire time and once paddled so damn fast it took half an hour for my dad and brother to catch up with us. I remember going on church camp float trips, taking rafts instead of canoes, and again, though the seats were more comfy--super slllllooooowww. There's just something about going so slow that I don't like.

Oh, that and the sunburn I'm almost guaranteed to get. This SPF 55 is doing wonderful things, but I just don't know how it will handle a trip down the river.

I mean, even when sailing I was happiest when I was hiking out. I didn't like hoping for a gust of wind...I liked maneuvering the boat to take full advantage of the wind, or tricky sailing because it was thisclose to being too windy to sail.

Honestly, I'd rather stay home this weekend and do some much-needed laundry, tend to my garden, go to the farmer's market, eat guacamole, paint these yellow poppies I have in my head and not have to make my pizza in a rush on Sunday for our weekly dinner. I'd also like to spend some time with Otto, who's been traveling a LOT. By the end of August he will have spent at least 3 and possibly 4.5-5 weeks out of town without me for work/fun and then another week out of town with me. That's so much traveling!!!

Also, notice it's, oh SIX POINT FIVE hours from when I'd be leaving to go to C-ville, and we still don't know if we're going. It isn't Otto's fault, and I can handle last-minute notice if it's a last-minute thing, but we've been discussing doing this for almost three weeks now. I wish someone would make a decision.

Sometimes I really really hate being a planner. Really a lot.

1 comments:

care said...

dude, you're right.
surprisingly, no one else corrected me.

but now it's fixed.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio