Monday, May 15, 2006

the longest I've lived.

this, this is the longest I've lived...- duh-, you might say.  or -me too!- to which I would reply, well, if only you'd let me finish, I could explain.
 
this is the longest I've lived in one place.  well, since going off to college, anyhow.
 
dorm rooms, the KD house, moving home for breaks, living at my g&g's after Adam usurped my room, TU apartments with a miserable-to-live-with but not actually miserable person (the nay-sayers j, t and l were so right!) then moving to NC, living in Chapel Hill for seven months, Durham for nine months, Raleigh for five months and now--now! I've lived in Morrisville for nearly twelve months (on Saturday it will be) AND we just agreed to live there for a total of twenty-seven, and that makes me gloriously happy.  Well, that and the new oven I think they'll be giving us since our old one is still all tilt-ee. :)
 
I'm quite pleased with our decision.  Otto and I celebrated with yummy mexican food and a pitcher of beer on Saturday.  And then we saw Pinback at Cat's Cradle.  I hate Chapel Hill, but I loooove their concerts.  Plus, I was excited to see a zombiedefense.org sticker on the paper towel dispenser in the ladies room.
 
And, though I promise I took David's advice, I think I've made a decision.  Well, for now, anyhow, and by not thinking about it.  It occurred to me (in the shower, as all good ideas do) that if I got an MBA, no matter how lucrative the degree might be, my heart just wouldn't be in it.  I'm a nerd.  Down to the core--it's even in my bones.  So Materials Science and Engineering seems like the degree for me.  It ups my nerd quotient, and I like that. 
 
is this definite?  surely you jest.
do i know what all this decision entails? heck no.
but am i relieved that it is made, at least for now? you betcha!
 
only 32ish hours until I should be in Tulsa, tasting the goodness that is mazzio's pizza and blue bell's tin roof icecream! yippee! I can't wait to see everybody! 

2 comments:

sadkingjonathan said...

Surely, I've told you--and I will call you "Surely" whenever I want--when I get my best theories?

care said...

in the shower?

also, Surely is a homophone for what Harvey called Sterling when we were dating. Harvey couldn't say "Sterling" so he called him Shirley. Which was particularly amusing since that was when Sterling's hair was long and had little demi-ringlets at the bottom...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio