Thursday, May 11, 2006

catchfriggintwentytwo.

so....
 
i took this semester off from school because I was going insane.  the semester ended like, yesterday. if you have been out of class for a semester you are no longer allowed to use NCSU's career counseling center.
 
my brilliant place was to call them and ask questions since i cannot decide if I want to get a PhD (or Masters) in Materials Science and Engineering or an MBA.  This is quite important, as I want to enroll in a class next semester.  I figure it would be beneficial to get a taste of what I'd be getting into, plus it's paid for, plus it might transfer.  All good, right?  Right.
 
but dammit, I can't even talk to these people.  Now, I will say that they did give me some other people to call, and they did tell me some books I should try to check out.  But what I really want to know is: if you've got your BS in ChE, and you get either of these degrees, what do you do?  where do you go from there?
 
I mean, I wasn't even 100% sure what a ChE did when I picked the major.  I just knew that I enjoyed Math and Science, and it would be more beneficial to pursue those interests/skill sets than English or Art.  But if I'm honing my skills then it really matters.
 
so, I can't talk to the career people because I didn't take a class this semester but I didn't take a class because I couldn't afford to pay for it and now that I can afford to take a class I can't talk to the people who will help me decide what class to take because I didn't take a class this semester since I couldn't afford it.
 
Nice.
 
I have never wanted so badly for someone to just tell me what to do. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to Tulsa, eat some Mazzio's (yep, I'm jealous), relax, and don't think about the future for at least a week.

There, now you've been told what to do.

brooke knight said...

that IS good advice.

i had, and have, the same problem all the time- wondering why there isnt a magical fairy who will find you a career path to HAPPINESS and SUCCESS! but it will come to you, i have the faith!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio