Thursday, December 15, 2005

a whole year.

A new year, a new name. It’s my blogiversary. ;)

So, a little explanation that I never really gave…see, last year I started my blog because Sterling suggested it--as a form of catharsis and as a way of keeping people informed of my life without eating up too many precious cell phone minutes. Plus it would allow me to not spend all my time repeating myself. :) Anyway, so I needed a name, and I came up with derring-do or dalliance--inspired by Fiona Apple and the book I had my freshman year of college that had two thousand odd words I should know. And now, I’ve changed it, and I thought I’d explain.

Fiona Apple-To Your Love

So this last year I’ve been finding/using my derring-do, fully aware that I might just be wasting my time. But as it turns out instead I’ve found my derring-do, my friends, my strength and I’ve gained oodles of perspective (good for the tummy, y’know?) and it’s time for me to dance the rigadoon. And I’m gonna revel in it.

have an excellent day. I'm going to enjoy sushi at lunch and have my home-made chai all day!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio