Friday, December 16, 2005

a few quickies.

Last night I made infused olive oil with my friend Paige and her friend Heather. It was very fun, except that Heather kind of grilled me about my divorce since she’s in the process of getting one. I find it so hard to believe how close-minded people are, and I am AMAZED that people think there’s some predetermined amount of time you should wait before dating again. Puh-leeze. It’s all about you and your heart and your mental stability. And it’s just plain foolish to let a very good opportunity pass you by just because you’ve told yourself that there’s some ridiculous rule. Yeesh. Anyhoo, here’s a pic of the oils we made. They were prettier last night because they were a little clearer then before stuff infused more. The green is Rosemary-Garlic and the red is super duper Hot Pepper. Paige and I went a little overboard on the second batch, and our new red pepper flakes we bought were rather hearty.



Also, I found out on Wednesday that, and I quote, “[my] social trauma is affecting [my] oral health.” This made me laugh for two minutes in front of my dentist. Apparently the last year and a half of my life, which included moving-buying a car-starting school-getting divorced-moving again-a new relationship-a major surgery-new pet-money issues et al., can be called “social trauma.” And she said it’s common to see scary things like the beginning of cavities in-between the teeth in people who’ve been having a lot of stress. Yay fun. So Divorce=dental problems. Ha!

I am so so so glad it’s Friday. Hope you have fun plans for tonight! Anybody have any good girl movie suggestions? I plan on hanging out at home in my pajamas, painting and watching a movie to relax before I start operation:gre study. I have some loaners, but I'm up for suggestions too. I do, after all, have a the whole weekend ahead of me! :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio