Tuesday, December 13, 2005

when?

so, I can't help but wonder. ...when?

when it is okay to stop trying so hard, to let things go, to harvest that apathy that's been kind of slowly growing inside of you, reminding you that you're not responsible for everything?
when is it okay to be selfish, to be bitchy, to do unto others how you would prefer they do unto you, even if it's mean to prefer they do that to you?
when it it okay to invite someone to something and hope and pray they decline the offer?
when is it okay to be realistic? demanding? reliable?
and when is it okay to be an adult?

I mean, I was hoping we were all past the ridiculous idea of being catty and scared and chickens. I'm not sure about that anymore. When? Sometimes I just don't know. But now seems like a good time to start.

hmm.

anyway.

Renee came into town for a 20 hour whirlwind of fun. We had a good time. We are adding two quotes to "the book" and together we discovered that there's a sonic a mere 14.8 miles from my apartment! Mmm mmm mmm I love toaster sandwiches. While Otto's in CT for the next nine days I will definitely be going there as a treat at least once. It's far enough away to remind me that sushi is better for me than sonic, but it will sometimes be worth the journey.

Here we are at the mellow mushroom.



I'm also very pleased because I found a home for one of my paintings. I made it around this time last year (a little earlier than now) because I thought it was pretty, and the mood struck me. My "husband at the time" as Jennifer Aniston would say, kind of ruined it for me, asking me to paint us in. I said I didn't want to, and finally put two little brown dots at the foot of the tower representing us, a notion he didn't appreciate. (In asddition to not wanting to do it, I also don't draw people--it's not something I can do well at all) So anyway, I'm pleased that I could give this painting that I love to someone that I love--Renee. :) This is the second painting I've given her, and both are of places she lived. I told her I didn't really want to paint Tulsa or OKC right now, but perhaps some day I could paint them and Dallas too. I'm going to make time to take lots of artsy pictures the next time I come in to Tulsa because I would like to paint it. Maybe Brookside. Or Riverside. Something with a side in it. Anyway, here it is.



I just bought some glass bottles and jars and a couple of cute Christmas candles. And champagne glasses, since I had none. Anyone know where I can get fun-colored UNSCENTED pillar candles? World Market is not the place, and of course pier 1 isn't either. But World Market is such a cool store. Now if only we could get a hobby lobby and a garden ridge in NC, I'd be set. I can do without an ikea, for now. But it might factor in to where I go to school ;)

Hazel is making this post take longer than usual. This kitten plays fetch. But only with furry mice--the cloth ones simply will not do! Right. Okay, bedtime. Hope I can sleep after my two hours of zonking out once I got home today....

Tomorrow night, drinking with the girls! Yay for the semester being over! (I think my grade will be posted at 1am--that's when they update it) And the next day I'm making infused olive oil and spice rubs for Christmas presents/Holiday presents. (that's what the bottles and jars are for--yahoo!)

Oh, and PS: hooray!!! I got a B+ in thermo AND I got a 19/20 on my final paper. This is AWESOME! Or, amazing even. Plus, I like it that my grad gpa is higher than my undergrad gpa. I was super worried I'd get a B-, which would make my overall grad gpa lower than 3.5, which was not the best thing for applying for schools, but yay! :) what an excellent way to begin wednedsay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful painting! Will you paint something for me?

Natalie

care said...

you bet!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio