Thursday, December 01, 2005

assorted.

So, at Walmart tonight, while waiting in line I told a man that I liked his tie. It was one of those cool orange and blue ones, and very schnazzy. So I told him so. To which he said, "thanks, do you want it?" And I said, "um, no, but thanks." He hesitated, and then explained the following.

In the past when someone has complimented his tie he has said, "thanks, do you want it?" (In a hospital a man said yes once, and he gave it to him) This comes from a tradition having to do with coaches (I assume basketball). If a coach ever compliments your tie you're supposed to say, "thanks, do you want it?" If they do accept it, it becomes a lucky thing, apparently.

Gobi and Hazel are wonderful, wonderful kitty cats. Just wonderful. And Hazel taught herself how to play fetch (yes, really). She isn't certain what her name is yet, but she plays fetch. She's especially fond of playing fetch with Otto. She's also the one that was opening the door at night, and she has a bit of an obsession with fuzzy mice. But hey, who doesn't?

I am getting very excited about Christmas. My wreath will arrive on Monday, hopefully. I wish I could afford to buy a tree and ornaments. But, alas, it isn't in the budget--that's a big investment. I may buy a little tiny live tree and see if i can get it to grow. We'll see.

I'm very excited about the Christmas party tomorrow night. I'm going to look hot, and then we're going O-U-T out to the Hillsborough Hike. NC State students (et al) do it--you go to Hillsborough street in Raleigh and get a drink from every establishment that sells alcohol. Some of them even have alcohol on just this night and the one in the spring. It's nuts!

Also, I'm bothered because I feel disgustingly trendy. Because of things like this and this. And isn't it interesting that these women both left the men? Hmm... But, really, this is out of control. Earlier this year I was so happy to be likened to Jennifer Aniston. But now I feel like a damn statistic. A much happier, stronger, more Carrie-like statistic, but a statistic nonetheless.

sigh.

okay, time to finish making sure my light gray cardigan becomes black for the party tomorrow, and then teeth brushing and bed going. And more printing for the new love of my life (if love is determined by the amount of time you spend thinking about/with something) my thermodynamics paper.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio