Monday, October 31, 2005

who's that spartan in my teepee?

it's me, it's me.
r-o-w-d-i-e that's the way we spell rowdie. hey, let's get rowdie.
and roll call :)

oh dear. i got dru-uuuu---uuuuunk and did a cheer in the bar (for the record, this was at the request of all the other drunk people with us--apparently our routine at the house wasn't enough). Everyone watched. Our costumes were a HUGE hit. yay. We think we might go as this again next year, but this time with more cheers AND a perfect cheer. We did a mock-one at the bar, and got applause from drunk people!

the weekend was really good. I've carved two pumpkins so far (and not to brag, but Susan and I won the pumpkin carving contest at the party). I was very proud of my steam coming out of the cauldron. It's there, I promise.I ate chili with a spider in it (made of bread, not blood and guts!)
We had an awesome time on Saturday going out to a bar called Richbrou and dancing. Dan (Otto's best friend) and I had our usual heart to heart. I had a good weekend, but I did learn an important lesson--don't cry outside when it's cold, because you'll have dry places on your face for days--even if you have oily skin. Don't ask why I know, just take my word for it. Hot tears and cold face = dry skin. Sigh.
Last night we had people over to carve pumpkins. I felt very soccermom-ish when I insisted that we tape down trashbags under the table, but it turned out to be very much worth the effort. Someone even covered the table with 'em! Made cleaning easy.
Tonight Gobi, Hazel and I passed out candy to the trick or treaters, and I painted. I actually worked on three different paintings--we'll see how they all turn out. I'm really enjoying painting a background, putting paint tape down in a design and painting again and removing the tape. I like how it looks. Oh, and I bought a pillow.
Also, does anyone have opinions on feng shui? My mom is real into it, and has made me think about it. I'm trying to decide whether or not to move the little money tree we got into the appropriate space. I must admit I like the idea of purposefully placing things such that you are reminded of goals you have. Hmm. Okay, it's most definitely bedtime. Hopefully the two kitties (who are now getting along swimmingly, by the way) will enjoy taking over my pillow while they sleep. Perhaps I should have asked them if they like medium, firm or extra firm support...

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio