Thursday, October 06, 2005

sesquicentennial

yup, that's it.
this is my post, dedicated to the word sesquicentennial.

for all you edison-ites out there, remember when Sterling was on the high school morning news? What was the program called again? Yeah, I don't know either. Anyway, you know, the show where like 98% of the people on it wore abercrombie, and only abercrombie? Right. Okay, so anyway, do you remember celebrating the sesquicentennial birthday of Mr. Thomas Alva Edison? And Sterling with a piece of paper (cardboard?) that said sesquicentennial? And how he kept floating sesquicentennial across the camera and in front of people's faces and all? Right. Every time I hear sesquicentennial I think of that. Of course, how often do I hear sesquicentennial? Not that often. sesquicentennial isn't that common of a word. But that day we said sesquicentennial a whole lot. It was everywhere--sesquicentennial porridge hot, sesquicentennial porridge cold, sesquicentennial porridge in the pot nine days old (plus another 54741 days, give or take a few, to make it sesquicentennial, unless, or course, you were basing it on days, and then it's only 141.)

So, it's the 150th anniversary of posting, or something, right?

I have a confession to make. Due to my need to remain sane and my desire to not make everyone else lose it, I have decided that we didn't need to celebrate the sesquicentennial typing of the word sesquicentennial in this post. I really wanted to, but I had to refrain. Sooo, hows abouts we go for sesquicentennial/ten times, eh? (including the title) Better for everyone, methinks.

5 comments:

:O said...

The show was called Good Morning, Edison. And the episode (#97-11-F) that you refer to was a classic. One of the few funny episodes. Except for the episodes I hosted. All of those episodes were hilarious*. And then I got fired. But I made the big time when I went on to host Tulsa School Life on channel 19 and showed everybody! That'll teach YOU Brennan!

He said my sideburns were too big for closed-circuit t.v. Not too big for cable!

*it should be noted that none of the episodes I hosted were funny on purpose.

SJ said...

My heart swells to remember that day. It was one of the best, and it was, hands-down, the best Good Morning, Edison we ever did.

And how do you make your font change color?

SJ said...

Whoa. That was creepy. Posted at almost the exact same time.

Do copies still exist? Brennan told me he taped over all of them with, I dunno, General Hospital or something.

:O said...

That was creepy.

There are copies floating around bootleg circles. But those insular fucks will only trade 1:1-- a GME for GME. So, unless you've got an episode to trade (hopefully one of the super-rare STUCO or class election episodes) you're out of luck.

:O said...

In other words, no. I do have unedited portions of one of my episodes, but it's not much. It's mainly me looking around going, "Ok, are we ready? How about now? Now?"

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio