Monday, October 03, 2005

the bane of being an online grad student

is not knowing that your fall break is coming up. Am I excited? Well, now I am. But was I much anticipating the all-too-brief respite? Um, not so much. Instead I was thinking "wow, I'm three lectures behind, and my sleep pattern is still all out of whack from last week's homework escapade." And yes, grammarians and literarians (is that not a word?) alike, I'm quite certain an escapade of the homework genre can exist. So pbbbbth. anyway. bedtime. if only gobi would stop chasing around the imaginary ghosts that he apparently sees in the apartment. silly cat. reason number four million and twelve that I should get another cat--so that gobi can chase the cat instead of the imaginary ghosts. PS-if the ghosts are real I do wish they'd start, I dunno, turning on and off lights or something (but no changing the channels, at least not during desperate housewives). that way we'd know that gobi wasn't going nuts.

Also thank goodness that some brilliant, brilliant person thought of this. Because only I can cut myself on the inside of a washing machine while reaching in to get out some wet clothes. Me and the little holes on the wall of the washer had a run it, and that there hole scampered off with a chunk of my thumb knuckle. It made wearing the nitrile gloves at work rather unpleasant today, but I know that the bandaid made it much more bearable. Thanks, bandaid. Wouldn't that be a good commerical? Complete with me saying "Good gracious, Carrie, why the hell do you only get the weird owies? Why, why? Oh, and ow."

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio