Monday, August 08, 2005

begin at the beginning...

Today is my first day at work. Well, at my new work, anyhow. Apparently I get to put out a fire as part of my orientation. I sincerely hope that I do not pass out or have a panic attack or the like. I've been doing much better about fires, but this is going to be a little bit more of a test. I'm quite sure I'll be fine.

I spent this weekend going out, sleeping in, lazing around the house and reading. I finished HP6, and it was good. I hate it when people leave stupid cliffhangers, but we'll see how it pans out--in like TWO YEARS! I'm now reading Wicked, and it already made me feel sorry for the baby. And it has a lot of sex in it.

Ooh, and I got my new glasses in. They're "nerd hot." Or "hottie dorky." Or whatever. But they're pink and light brown and I do enjoy them muchly.

And I ate some serious sushi. I even bought a book about sushi. Next time you go, ask 'em if they can make a california crunch roll (they'll just add bits of tempura). It's AWESOME and worth the extra 50 cents by far. I also learned that Yellowfin is very good for you, and that California's abundance of avacado has actually gotten the sushi-yas in Japan to start integrating avacado into their rolls too. And next time I go (Otto and I went twice this weekend. We're addicted.) I'm going to try the eel I think. Apparently it's dee-lish.

Alright, it's time to drink some serious coffee and go to work. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it will be enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to working at my new job. It's exciting to think that they want me because of my brain. :)

Cute thought for the day--a kitty cat cuddling up with you while you nap. Gobi sure is adorable!

1 comments:

Renee B. said...

oooo....harry potter was so so so good! and so so so sad. and wicked is really good too, though kind of intense, and it gets weirder and weirder, but it's still good! i'm glad the new jobs going well. my first week at the library i organized he same shelf over and over again because my boss wouldn't give me work. when i quit two months later i was still having trouble filling my days!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio