Friday, July 15, 2005

don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got ‘til it’s gone?

Not that I’m paradise, or that anyone “paved” me, but that seems to be a recurring theme.

I got a great compliment today. Quite a few of them, actually. About how disappointed people are that I’m leaving. Which is very flattering. The best one I received had to do with US manufacture of the DF, which may or may not happen in the next however long. See, he said that he was happy for me that I was bettering my situation, but that he wished I'd be here for all of the process of bringing stuff over because, people have such an easy time working with me, especially when anything technical is involved. Even our VP of Sales came into my office, closed the door and looked genuinely disappointed. It blows that they had to wait until I'm leaving to treat me like I should have been treated the whole time.

I watched a very good movie tonight--Finding Neverland. It made me cry, but I loved every second of it. Johnny Depp is damn impressive. So I did that, ate my favorite Uno's pizza and tuscany bread (which I now make a point of getting because for a while there I was told we couldn't afford the $5 for the appetizer!) and had cranberry-grape juice with sprite. And painted a sky. And now I'm having some yummy wine and I think I might go take a bath.

And tomorrow I'm seeing the Violent Femmes!!!

I have a traffic question for you folks. What possesses people to drive like no one is ever going to hit them? I mean, granted, I'm always concerned about hitting another car--I'm kind of attached to Mattie and I like having her in one piece!--but I try hard to be a defensive driver and all that jazz. Today a guy in a huge truck turned left at a light in front of me--when I was halfway through the intersection. I honked, he stopped, flipped me off, and kept going. So, of course, I responded in kind. :) But then the lady right behind him went as well. I laid on the horn, but no luck. The light was green all the way through the intersection for me. And it's not like I didn't honk before that lady went as well. Yeesh.

Oh, and one more thing for all of you out there who had Mrs. Hand as an art teacher--remember when we would use crayons and color all sorts of colored sections on a paper and then color over it with black crayon? And then scrape off the black to reveal the colors? I kind of did that just now. I painted my sky all sorts of different blue circles, and then painted over with shades of white/ultra light blue. And if you're a fan of acrylics, the Golden brand at Michaels has this "interference" line of paint, and it's AWESOME. Expensive. But awesome. If you like metallics/iridescents, which I do.

It just started raining buckets outside. I tried to take a picture, and it didn't work so well, and I managed to soak the doormat and the bottoms of my jeans in the process. In like ten seconds. It's crazy windy and the rain is bouncing up like 18 inches off the ground it's coming down so hard. yowzers.

time for the bubbles, the bathing and the HHGttG. The new Harry Potter comes out tomorrow!!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio