Friday, April 15, 2005

Jenny Says!…are my pants are too small?

So, I saw Cowboy Mouth last night. Such a fun crowd band. So so fun. And I had forgotten his catch phrase—“are you with me?” Wow. Their drummer/lead singer sweats. A lot. Ew. I’m really glad I went. I almost didn’t, but I did, and it was a great time. And everyone was pumped when they played “Jenny Says!” I also loved it when he told everyone to envision someone that they used to be with who screwed them over or didn’t pay attention or was a jerk, and to smile their ass off ‘cause they weren’t with them anymore. And proceeded to play the song “The Love of My Life” which repeatedly celebrates someone crappy not being the love of your life anymore.

A-freaking-men.

Project: Super Secret seems to be going along swimmingly. Someone *ahem* should call me tonight to discuss it for a few. I’ll be in the car on my way to Virginia. To meet the groom and his buddies for a few brewdogs post rehearsal dinner and before the wedding tomorrow. (my date knows them from college) It should be fun. I’m not sure if I’ll be the only female or not. We shall see.

I’m a little nervous because this is the first wedding I’ve gone to since mine. There have been a couple of times that I’ve wanted to say “when I got married,” but I’ve stopped myself.

Because they were things like “when I got married he didn’t care what anything looked like and didn’t want to help. He wouldn’t even listen.” And “when I got married he didn’t want to go and register for anything. So one of my best friends helped me pick out everything. Which is fortunate, since I now own it all, and it only brings back memories of the fun we had picking it out.”

So I have a few wedding issues. Which is understandable. (isn’t it?) But I think I’m going to have a lot of fun at this one, and then hopefully I’ll have no more worries on that front.

I’m a little nervous about something else. Which I think is probably silly of me. But still. It’s only a little single digit number. On a small scale or rectangle. Located near the small of my back on pants that are almost too small for me to zip. Do I buy new pants? Do I try to slim down? Do I ignore and pretend that these jeans aren’t rather tight? Is my small weight gain me becoming the size I should be, or instead is it the result of poor eating and hardly any exercise?

For the record, I am not fat. And you needn’t respond to this portion of my post. But it worries me a teensy weensy bit that my pants have all shrunk, or that I am expanding. But just a little.

Lessons learned?
Always go to cheap music shows if you can. Like the $5 ones.
Be open-minded.
Don’t obsess about pant size. Just buy clothes that fit you. At least, until you’ve gained 15 extra pounds or so.
Sitting outside at lunch is fantabulous.And this whole crochet-a-blanket-in-a-year thing may be more challenging than I though.
Try not putting your pants in the dryer. That might solve your pants problem altogether.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio