Monday, April 18, 2005

the conflict and the (sort of) resolution

me, one angry lady.

a confrontation about me taking my used tampons outside in exchange for him fixing the kitchen sink went awry.

I just wanted him to fix it, dammit. It leaks when you use it. You have to change out the water every five minutes if you're washing dishes--and I'm referring to the water in the pot under the sink. Yuck-o.

So, I calmly (yes, really) asked if we could talk, and said I wasn't sure if he realized what I was asking him to do. I'd do it, I said, but if I'm going to accommodate him could he please try to accommodate me (and fix the sink).

He said the sink wasn't broken.
He said I knew he had a dog when I moved in.
He said I have a cat, and he doesn't care for everything my cat does.
He said he's doing me a favor by letting me live here for $350 a month.

I said it's not about your dog.
I said he knew I had a cat.
I said that the sink leaks.
And that I thought we were both doing each other a favor. Me, paying $350 to live here. Him, getting a fairly easy-going renter and some extra cash.

Apparently I'm mistaken.

I had to excuse myself when I started to cry.

So I'm moving out. By the end of May. I just have to tell him that.

Also, I had an alarming realization while trying to fall asleep last night. I was sitting there trying not to stew over this (to no avail, I might add) and I realized that I am so upset by him because he argues like my dad did. In an unreasonable, hurtful way. And that, apparently, is more than I can take. Which is fine. (Sigh)

So, operation moving is now in full swing. Well, at least I think it is.

have a good monday.

I'll give y'all a weekend update later. It's kind of funny.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio