Friday, January 28, 2005

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry

yeesh.

So, my brilliant, yes, BRILLIANT plan last night was to come home and take a nap, and then watch a lecture or two since I'm absolutely behind, and then maybe read or something and go to bed.

yeah, right.

so, what did I do instead?

guesses anyone?

I had two beers at the Ale House with work folk. And then came home and Jeff and I had a heart to heart (over some cheap-but-makes-you-good-and-drunk merlot), and then I talked to Aaron for a little bit, and then I went to bed. Well, sort of. I put on my pjs and went to turn down the blaring elton. And they were nice about it. And then I went to my room. And promptly came out because the said elton was again blaring. but this time I was coerced into having a beer and playing circle of death.

nine, nine, bust a rhyme.

I came up with the best category ever, by the way. Curse words. Yikes.

oh, and did I mention that there were only three of us? Yup, one-two-three.

Anyway...

Yesterday was bad for another reason too.

Okay, so I totally got in trouble. For being LOUD. Me, loud? Never.

Okay, maybe a little. Or even a lot. But I sit next to this grumpy gus who is rude and impolite and slams his door and never says excuse me. I do not care for him. But I am nice nonetheless. Anyway. Grr.

My boss (Will) was rather cool about it, though. I could tell it was very awkward for him. How do you tell an adult that they are too loud without sounding like a buffoon?

He told me he appreciated my enthusiasm and how quickly I work, and he understands that if you’re operating as quickly as I am one could easily get carried away (no pun intended), but that it might be good for me to take time to consider my neighbors, since two of them have complained. The reality of it is that there’s that big wall across the way from me, and it reflects the sound. Oh well. It’s just upsetting a teensy weensy bit. But I’ll get over it. And maybe buy myself some nice headphones. Seems as though these people have super-hearing as well. Sheesh.

Oh, and PS, "Pot, this is Kettle. You're black."
dammit.

I need to get dressed now. stupid work and stupid crazy weekend and stupid stupid me for stupid staying awake. stupid.

also, cold. brrrrrr.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio