Thursday, October 27, 2011

breads

Nearly every morning I have a green smoothie with an english muffin and egg white sandwich. I often add avocado, red onions or both to the sandwich. I always wait for english muffins to go on sale--and I had to look for a while before I found one that was nutritionally good and didn't contain HFCS, which I loathe.

I really want to try making my own though. I was thinking this recipe....save money, control ingredients..yes, please!

And while I'm at it, I want to make some of my own bread. I LOVE the bread from the farmer's market, but I want to make it myself so I don't feel like we can only have paninis on Sundays and Mondays (before the bread goes stale). I do not have a bread machine (and won't be buying one)--I was thinking I might try this recipe...or does someone have a better one?

Anything else y'all make at your house instead of buying? I'd love recommendations!

2 comments:

Kathrine said...

Any of the "no knead" and "almost no knead" bread recipes are great! It takes about 24 hours to make a loaf, but it is by far the easiest bread I have ever made. Do a google search for the recipes and it can be adapted to make sandwich loaves as well as whole wheat bread.

http://www.breadtopia.com/cooks-illustrated-almost-no-knead/

care said...

ooh, thanks for the suggestion! I am definitely going to try that one!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio