Monday, February 07, 2011

bHaObUiSeEs and BhAoBuIsEeSs

babies and houses and houses and babies and babies and houses....

repeat ^ infinity.

I feel like eventually, at some point, everything I ever talk about eventually boils down to a discussion about a baby. or a house. or a baby in a house. or a house 'cause we're having a baby. you get what I mean.

except WAIT--I AM NOT PREGNANT AND WE ARE NOT TRYING. (yet)

That sentence about should have read "a house 'cause we're eventually having a baby." (fingers crossed)

But oh my goodness--talking about going to Italy? Babies. Seeing our friend's house? Babies in houses. Heck, even a really rude comment someone made about a breastfeeding mother (OMG don't even get me started!) eventually turned into a conversation about--you guessed it--babies. (And in my head I was thinking "where will I go to breastfeed when I'm cube-bound?") But I digress.

I have like eleven thousand pregnant friends. Okay, like more like at least three. But still. And then I have many friends who either a) had babies recently (and their little babies are SO cuddly!) or b) are with me in the "waiting to try to have babies but thinking about it anyway" boat.

I mean, we talk about baby names and baby clothes and cloth diapering and whether or not baby food tastes like real food and will we make our own? And how will we raise them? And is spanking okay? And will we be crazy parents? And oh my goodness gracious. Whoa.

okay, I think that's it for now. until the next time I need to tell you about a baby. or a house. I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not talking about either until June 1st at the earliest--because that's when we get back from Italy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's totally okay and totally normal for babies, houses, and babies in houses to be on your mind. That's kind of the next step, right? You did college, have a career, found a great guy, got married...yep, you're ready for whatever the next thing is, and the next thing after marriage is often a baby. Enjoy the thinking and the planning and the discussing with your friends, etc. Make the most of this wonderful time in your life. :-)

Maria said...

Well, for the record, my baby is no longer a baby, and I still think about babies, houses, babies in houses, and OMG!!! Schools and childcare and breastfeeding and spanking (not ok, IMO, but that's another topic) and non-violent communication and conditional (and unconditional) parenting and sleeping and whether he should/shouldn't take a nap anymore. It never ends. ;-) They grow older...some topics change, some stay the same, but there's always something.

J said...

I love the title of this post! I realized what it was after I read it. :)

Brittany said...

I'm in the same boat about friends with babies and pregnant friends, and being married but kinda-not really-somewhat thinking about one. Hahah, just take it a step at a time and enjoy life as it is, because things will change majorly..or so I'm told! Heh, was just scanning through blogs and enjoyed this one. Keep up the good work.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio