Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"I could NEVER be on faceb00k!"

~Matt

after he said this I laughed so hard I fell over, continued to laugh until I cried and then made Matt help me up. I almost wish there were a picture. almost.

Matt is taking two online classes. THERE ARE NO LECTURES (which is totally unfair, ps) (although I am glad for him that he doesn't have to drudge through it) (but dammit why did I have to spend 3+ hours per week watching them?) (enough parenthetical asides....). However, part of Matt's class is posting on message boards. This week, his first week, for one class he had to introduce himself and post one other time. For the other class people had to introduce themselves (many used the exact post from the other class) and then he's required to post on three different days.

Well, guesssssss what? People are responding to his posts. They're asking about things like how *I* have cats (but Matt does not), and how he has so many engineers in his life, and how he isn't much of a reader, but I am. (ps, some of the guys in his class think their wives might like to have a reading contest with me, ha!)

but anyway, this whole e-convo stuff is making him crazy. like, literally laughing-hysterically crazy. :) because he's not used to people responding to his every response or asking questions. because Matt doesn't have faceb00k. So unlike the rest of us who have had creepy-b!tch-from-high-school or strange-guy-who-used-to-have-a-crush-on-you or old-friend-from-ten-years ago comment on our status, Matt thinks it's all crazy. And it is. But we're all mad here...I mean...I'm mad, you're mad....right? :)

In any case, it's totally cracking me up how foreign it is to him! Anyone else know people without FB that think it's nuts?

1 comments:

Lauryl Lane said...

I love this so much! Sammy has a facebook account, but he deactivated the wall because he said it's all bullsh*t and he doesn't need any more outlets for his mom to stalk him. HYSTERICAL. I kinda agree... I went on a rampage today and unfriended dozens of people that had been my "facebook friends" for years but with whom I'd never had any interactions. I guess I have a love/hate relationship with the fbook, but I love it that there are so many people in the world who don't use it and don't give a damn. More power to them!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio