Tuesday, September 21, 2010

[keen-wah.]

or, for those of you who don't need the phonetics, quinoa.

last may-ish I ate quinoa for the first time. jlee had me over to her home and made me dinner and sent me home with all sorts of food as she was preparing for camp. it was spectacular. and the quinoa was delish!

the next time I saw quinoa I snatched it up. and it sat, unused, in my pantry. my pantry that so doesn't look like that anymore.

so, a week and change ago, my friend jessica and I were exchanging recipes and she sent me to this. and I made it last night. and it was YUM. and it used up tomatoes. and zucchini. both of which I have in abundance. I also added a little squash and, although I love feta, I used less than recommended so it'd be healthier. Matt and I both LOVED it. I wish I had thought to take a picture.

next time I make it (and there will SO be a next time) I will absolutely be grilling the chicken instead or not including chicken at all. It definitely was more like I had boiled the chicken, ha! but it was still very, very good. and good for us. and there are leftovers. :D

3 comments:

LipDom Team said...

Yum!! We make quinoa often. It's delicious and so healthy! We use it like rice and serve it with spicy black beans and salsa. Super high protein and fiber and totally delicious! I'm going to give this recipe a try next time we have quinoa in the house!

Sydney Fedesna said...

I think I will try this one too...although, what are garlic scapes exactly??

Misha said...

Guess what? I used to never eat it and now I eat it at least once a week. When I first went precontest I ate it every day. Now, ironically, it is only included on a super low carb day. Which is cool because it tricks me into thinking I'm eating carbs, but there are really hardly any carbs at all in quinoa. It is a superfood. I love it, very versitile. I eat it with just chicken, spray butter, and mrs dash...it will take on whatever you season it with in flavor.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio