Tuesday, October 20, 2009

warm it up [dryer]--I'm about to.

so, Matt and I have nine-ish days worth of laundry that's hanging out, waiting to get so fresh and so clean-clean. including the majority of my tank-tops and my jeans that I like. (I love american eagle. they keep coming out with more and more comfy styles. I got 3 pairs for $16.32 a piece earlier this year--woohoo!) anyway.

this AM I went to turn on the dryer before I took a shower--I am a very light sleeper until I am WAY asleep, so I try to wash/dry things in the morning or before bedtime. this morning I noticed steam POURING out of our dryer vent--while I was chilly in my house 'cause I don't want to turn on the heat. the upper 30s at night, lower 70s during the day combo is killer for climate control.

I literally thought "what a waste of energy."

and then today I was catching up on my blog reader (down to 672 from like 900, btw) and saw this article. There are a lot of options here and I'll be investing in one. I feel like since I use eco-friendly detergent and eco-friendly dryer sheets, I don't need to worry about introducing airborne toxins into our air. We shall see--and I'll let you know what I think!

3 comments:

M. said...

Very interesting. Let us know how it goes.

P.S. I am really excited to see how green you can make your wedding.

Unknown said...

You should get the Ace one: http://www.amazon.com/Dryer-Heat-Energy-Saver-ACEEX12/dp/B000H5PTI6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1256056709&sr=8-4

Easy to install and use. Good quality materials.

Another easy way to "save" heat: when you're done cooking, leave the oven door open to let the heat out into the house (during the cold months, of course).

Renee said...

eco-friendly dryer sheets: i can't find anyone? who makes them???

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio