Monday, May 18, 2009

"it's good....good...guinness!"

~me!

Jennifer and I went to this AMAZING wine bar in Durham last Thursday. AMAZING. It is called SIX PLATES, and it rocks my socks. The food was so so so good, on my list of top ten meals I've ever had in my whole entire life, and the atmosphere and bartenders and decor and everything were top notch. It was trendy but mellow and funky and fun. We LOVED it. We even spent way more money than we meant to, I mean WAY, and we did not regret it even a little bit.

We each had a tuna tower, which was practically a meal in itself. And the we shared scallops and this melt-in-your-mouth sirloin over little asparagus bits and potatoes. They were so fantastic I didn't even remember to take pictures. And then had strawberry shortcake, a cheese plate (mmmm cheese) and splurged on some gelato. the flavors were crazy, and we picked mora, thai basil and guinness, and we could not have been more pleased with the outcome.

see: yummy.



1 comments:

melissa said...

my bf makes fun of me when i take pictures of good food, but for cryin' out loud... it should be remembered. i still have a picture of the rehearsal dinner meal in mexico before jenny's wedding. it was THAT delicious. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio