Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"there can't be good living where there is not good drinking."


~benjamin franklin

I keep forgetting to pick up my sheet that lists all of the beers we tried. I know we had Bell's Two-Hearted Ale, Hoegaarden, Boulevard Wheat (imported from OK), PBR, Kennebunkport Apricot, Redhook ESB, Tire Bite Golden Ale, Grolsch, Guinness, Seadog Blueberry, Schlitz, Abita Jockamo, Kona's Coffee beer, Negra Modelo, Carolina Brewing Company's Groundhog's Day, Heavy Sea's Winter Storm, a beer by Blowing Rock, Carolina Blonde, Eliot Ness (From Jennifer Lee!), DogfishHead's 60 minute IPA, Dixie Blackened Voodoo and then some people had Miller Lite when they got impatient. :)

That's A LOT of types of beer. Three past where we got last time, so I'm super impressed. We had a lot of fun, toasted Jennifer Lee and her brilliant request that started this whole idea, and then began drinking.

We took breaks for yummy cheesy meatballs and entertainment and cheese and meat, and then got right back to it. And we even got to send people home with beer, it was definitely win-win.

Here are some of the pictures I took--I actually took one of everyone with the schlitz, but I didn't want to put 'em all up. I found the little glasses at target (I looked at 2 thrift stores and kmart to no avail!) and the words on the cups are little static cling affairs that are awesome for labelling cups! We had a good time with that. I was President Geek. Matt was Confused Genius. But Betsy's was pretty hilarious--one side said fabulous (or another positive adjective) and the other said passe--so she'd turn her glass accordingly. Oh and that's our vase o' beer caps--clearly, not all from last night. There are projects planned! and I liked the reflection in the bottom of the bowl--Christy was an amazing cleaner-upper! People stayed waaaay longer than we had anticipated, but that's just 'cause time flies when you're having fun. :)





If you missed it or we didn't know to invite you, fret not, there will be more and we'd enjoy the pleasure of your company--just let us know!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio