Thursday, January 01, 2009

I stole this from a blog I read...

In my 2008...What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
bought a house!

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
see: previous post. mostly.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
nicole did!!

Did anyone close to you die?
shannon and I weren't close, but we were friends...

What countries did you spend time in this year?
the united states. per usual.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
time.

What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
april fools day--when I was published and when I started my new job.

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
getting published!

What was your biggest failure?
getting organized

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
sinus surgery counts as both, right?

What was the best thing you bought?
my camera!

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
my sister's. she has been doing very well at work.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Those that I used to call my friends. I learned they weren't my friends after all. [the person before me put this answer--and it applies to me too]

Where did most of your money go?
my house

Compared to this time last year, are you,
a) happier or sadder? happier.
b) thinner or fatter? I think I weigh like 3 lbs more?
c) richer or poorer? richer. raise + award + photography = :)

What did you get really, really excited about?
buying a house
taking and selling photos and having one published
moving in with matt
traveling. a lot!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
cooked. read. slept.

Did you fall in love in 2008?
nope.

How many one-night stands?
not a one.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
hate? no. other negative words? yes.

What was the best book you read?
Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver

What did you want and not get?
to park in my garage. to see some of my kd sisters. and a new bed.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. I celebrated for like two weeks--dinner with Matt, a housewarming/bday party, a trip to the Carolina Balloon Festival, a massage and haircut, etc. :)

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
not always feeling rushed.

What political issue stirred you the most?
global warming, obvs. next up, prop 8.

Who did you miss?
my granddaddy. I miss him pretty much every day. but it's getting easier to remember him fondly instead of sadly wish he were still here. it's only hard anymore when there's a joke to tell or an accomplishment to share.

Who was the best new person you met?
Christy M. I think we will be friends for a long time.

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2008.
people are not always what/who they seem.
sometimes people take things in ways I never would have imagined, much less intended.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?)
shakespeare is always helpful...
"and this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything."
"if you want to win anything - a race, your self, your life - you have to go a little berserk."
"poor and content is rich, and rich enough."

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio