Wednesday, October 22, 2008

this is my last day to be 27.

and I am REALLY excited.

I've been thinking about that whole thing one of my coworkers told me about how 26 is the only number that mathematicians can find that falls directly between a square and a cube. When I turned 27 I "gained a dimension" if you will. Little did I realize it would take me a whole year to do it.

I am feeling really pleased with my decisions as of late. Buying a house, moving in with Matt, taking a class, voting for Obama, starting a photography business, being greener, not making excuses and occasionally even being EARLY to things. Some people I know think 28 is "old" or "not fun" or "so close to thirty!" But you know what I say? I say "hell yeah, I'll be 28 tomorrow. hell freaking yeah." I like it. I am glad. I am sooooo not where I thought I'd be when I was 28 but you know what? I think it's WAY better this way. I mean, boyfriend with opinions? check. (that was for you, misha) investing in myself? check, check, checkcheckcheck (school, photography, house, paying off my car, etc). Maybe I'm not married with multiple children and my minivan, working as a scientist who wears a lab coat and active in the PTA. I think 14 year old Carrie expected 28 year old Carrie to be there. But instead of that I have my friends and my cats and my garden and my youth group and my scouts and I blog for my sorority and anyway. Enough o' the tooting of the horn. It was just REALLY nice to be like "I am not old, I am fabulous, and though it's different than what I imagined? being right here, rightthissecond when I am on the cusp of being 28? that's pretty damn fabulous, too."

so, um, yay. you can dream of me at 4:11 AM. central standard time.

right. okay, more bloggage later. think: the fair, fall decorations, funny political things, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, and remember, turning 28 is better than the alternative.

Climber Mom said...

Right on! I'm totally with you. I was the same 14 year old Lisa, but I have to say even 30 isn't so bad:)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio