Friday, October 10, 2008

"it doesn't matter whose child."

~a girl in the cafe.

so, I forgot to ask y'all another question, please cast your vote before continuing to read.

  • no way, that's abuse of influence!
  • absolutely, what a good use of their fame!
  • only when I agree with them.
  • only if they're running for office (y'know, arnold!).

We watched that movie last night. It's an hour and a half long but sloooooooooooooow. Except for the last 15 minutes, which were spectacular and made the other hour and fifteen minutes of mediocrity worth it.

for the message, two thumbs WAY up. it clearly made its point and did so in a very real way because everyone has been in a situation where they've wanted to speak up before. some people just DO it.

but overall the movie was so-so. however, I am quite glad I watched it. because I saw this.





very interesting, yes? I read more and I just signed a petition asking whoever becomes leader to do their part in erasing poverty. It sounds like a lofty goal, but I'm pretty sure if we can get to the moon we can figure out how to feed the people. Just a guess.

after we watched the movie last night matt and I had a very interesting little political talk and I really enjoyed it. It's fun to have a boyfriend with opinions. I enjoy the debate and the learning and I SO appreciate hearing how someone else things. Particularly when he's someone I love. :) awwww.

I have also decided that I might have a leetle problem with the color pink. I think I need to tone it down. Pink backpack, pink glasses, pink water bottle, coffee mug and thermos, pink glasses gas...um, yikes. And excuse the mess of pens. When I was unpacking on wednesday I found my box o' office supplies and dug out some new pens to use. I get bored with them so I put them in the box to find another day when they're interesting again! :)

oh, and Matt and I have decided that we're having a watch party on election day, email me if you'd like to come join us. anyone is welcome, but I should warn you that there will be a lot of blue hanging out at the house that day.

also, thanks for all the comments on the last post. It's comforting to know that there are other weirdos out there. Particularly since you can't be a scientist and religious, and then can't be religious and liberal, and then the liberal scientist part goes hand in hand. Yikes.

yay for friday, almost time to go home!

7 comments:

KaritaG said...

I missed something. What movie did you watch?

Also, I didn't comment on this yesterday, but should have. Someone tried to tell me this weekend I couldn't believe in God and believe in science/evolution at the same time. I think I finally got him straightened out, but it was so annoying. I just don't understand why everyone has to be so narrow...why can't we just let people believe what they want to believe? None of us really KNOW the "answer," anyway!

care said...

should be a little more clear now!

and I've had my youth group members say the same thing to me, I know what you mean. if you're open-minded enough things actually fit together alarmingly well. but only if you'll let your mind widen.

KaritaG said...

Got it! I know, right, like, everything he said about "science" I was like, and you know for a fact that "God" played no role in that? Mmmmmkay.... We even got down to like, chemical reactions and I'm like, but who started the FIRST chemical reaction?! It's crazy to me how people can be SO adamant that "there is no God" while laughing at the people who are admant that there is...you can't really know one or the other with 100% irrefutable certainty (isn't that the whole concept of faith?)...so why bother bashing each other?

Lara said...

Ooo... watch party on election night?? I LOVE electioon night! Seriously, I really do. I love watching the states turn different colors.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed "The Girl in the Cafe". I thought it was funny in a subtle, British kind of way. :)

Claudia said...

election party? go big blue!! oh wait... wrong sport.

Anonymous said...

Hey - this may seem kind of random. And I know that you aren't into politics all that much, but with election day coming up I know that it is on everyone's mind - it's unavoidable. I'm just curious if you are going to vote for Obama purely because of your environmental concerns (not to mention your dislike of Palin), or if there are other issues he is in agreement with you on. I'm purely asking out of curiousity. I read your blog every now and again and get that you support him because you are a big time environmentalist and I'm never sure how you feel about other issues. Maybe it ins't something you care to blog about. I'm just curious.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio