Thursday, July 03, 2008

eschew.

I love that word. Or, um, pretty much any word that conveys a whole lot of other words with just the one. Despite my tendency to not be succinct.

anyway.

So, something things I've decided to eschew:
-paper towels. I read this article on slate, and really? I could get away with using far fewer paper towels. I think I use about 4 every work day when I wash my hands and at lunch. I'm better at home, though. But still. I am, however, willing to use the napkins that Matt rescues from school--when his students get those HUGE stacks of napkins and are gonna toss 'em, Matt scoops up the clean ones and brings them home (they won't allow them to go back in the dispenser).

-ketchup and soda. this weekend I am buying organic ketchup--with no high fructose corn syrup. the soda thing is harder, but I'm going to try for tea. I still get to drink Izze though. :) and when I do drink soda I'm going to try to just get the 2 liter bottles. ps this all goes out the window on my trip, but that's okay!

-clutter. I have LOTS of things. LOTS. I am SO looking forward to going through them and either putting them in places or getting rid of them. It is not going to be easy, either, but it will be SO much better when things have a home. That way they don't end up in random locations making more clutter. :)

that's my plan. we shall see.

also, interesting cable fact: they have to actually come out and put a lock-box thing on your cable line to prevent the person after you from getting "free cable." Apparently the cable lines always have cable, it's just a matter of your being able to access it. Weird, huh?

okay, more brochure work and then lunch sushi with Nick. mmmmmmmmmm sushi. :)

3 comments:

KaritaG said...

I had sushi for lunch too! It was delish. And, every time we move we "declutter." It's amazing how much we have to do it, too, considering we have moved so much in the last five years, you would think eventually all the clutter would disappear...but nooooooooo!

melissa said...

i love organic ketchup! you'll find it tastes so much better, and the next time you eat the "regular" (full-of-sugar) kind, you'll find yourself thinking, "ick! this tastes slimy and full of sugar!"

and three words: blue sky cola. my fave is black cherry. i hope you can find it there, it's awesome and HFCS-free.

Anonymous said...

You have to read "Skinny Bitch" if you are starting to think about what you should eat less of. It has changed my life. When you find out how much chemicals are in all of our food out there, you will think every time you decide to drink something other than water. It is ridiculous. And you will find out how much the government is involved with the food industry and basically you can not trust anyone who claims certain products are "good" for us. The entire book will take you an evening to read. But warning: if you really like meat and cheese, you may need to decide if you would rather be ignorant so you can keep on eating them. I was very sad when I realized I will never be eating chicken again.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio