Wednesday, June 11, 2008

no, it's luck for you.

five years ago I went to honolulu, hawaii. for my honeymoon. I usually don't think about this except that I found something while packing that I kept from hawaii. It's a flower made from grass or leaves or something. At the hotel we stayed at there was a little craft fair downstairs, outside in the back of the hotel. I think I bought my ex's mother a barrette there, and maybe my mom, too. And I saw these flowers--the woman was making them right at the booth!

I wasn't going to buy one. I didn't. But she said "I want you to have this. Take it. For luck." And I said "Oh, thank you! I just got married, I'm here on my honeymoon, this is perfect!" And she said, "This isn't luck for your honeymoon or your marriage. No, it's luck for you. Just you." I thought it was weird at the time. now I like it.

Oh, and the vase it's in? I made it all by myself in middle or high school. That pottery place on brookside--I took lessons!

And so here it is.

I also packed quite a lot yesterday, I think. My shelves upstairs are now around, oh, 3/5-2/3 empty? I feel like that's an accomplishment! here are the boxes I've completed--well only the ones upstairs. and the ever-helpful Gobes. Also, word to the wise DO NOT use target brand packing tape. It SUCKS. I'm having to over-tape everything and it always fall over on itself so I have to unstick it, it rips easily and I hate it. I would buy new tape but that's wasteful. So I'm just trying to use it up and not deal with it anymore. ha!

5 comments:

Ariel Merritt said...

looks like you're making good progress!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I love Purple Glaze. You make me want to go make something there...And I love love love the story about the flower. LOVE. :)))

brooke knight said...

nice pic of the flower thingie - and good story. did you use macro mode for that pic or manual settings?

GOD I HATE PACKING AND MOVING! but it will be wonderful to have your own place (together!) and it is definitely worth it! hang in there with nasty packing. BLECH.

KaritaG said...

your box pictures just gave me a bad flashback to like, oh, two weeks ago...(shudder)

love the flower story. isn't it weird how things work out?! :)

KaritaG said...

I just realized you are seeing Del today! I am so jealous. Tell her hi for me!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio