Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I think about you in the summertime, oh, oh!

~nkotb!

haven't heard this gem? or wanna hear it again? it's right here, just hit play. :) matt already knows all the words. and he's probably going to kill me for telling you that, so shhhhhh!





the past few months I've been eating kinda crappy. more than the occasional trip to get fast food, quite a few microwave pizzas, etc. not that I can't eat those foods every once in a while, but still. oh yeah, and toast (with real butter) for breakfast almost every day.

so I'm trying to eat less butter. and salt. and as little high fructose corn syrup as possible. (girl scout cookies are TOTALLY exempt from this, by the by). I'm somewhat thinking about doing what patty is doing, except I don't know about the vitamin c. Maybe I'll get a supplement and cut it in quarters.

so I got some mrs. dash. and some amy's meals. and I'm drinking less soda. I'm always good about fruits and veggies, so that isn't new, and I eat yogurt. all in the name of being less tired and helping my pants be slightly less snug.

this whole concept also comes with a sad realization--I spent almost an hour total getting to/from my softball games. I LOVE LOVE LOVE softball, but driving that long just isn't worth the time/money. I mean, the games are limited to an hour, and well...it's expensive, it's bad for environment and I could get a better workout if I just spent half that time working out at home. so now I'm playing on a when-we-are-short-on-players-only basis. man, I wish toxic waste were playing.

anyway.


so, since too much fruit juice isn't good for you either and I like to have drinks with flavor during my meals, I've taken to a new combo--seltzer water w/fruit juice. (tonic has hfcs) and monday I bought some pomegranate seltzer that goes VERY well with cranberry juice and a lemon wedge. yum! slightly tart and very refreshing! I bet it would probably go well with vodka too. ;)

also, when I got my friend jackie this headband, I got one for myself too. It is soooooo comfy and very cute, except for one tiny thing--it makes me look like I'm, oh, twelve years old. today I wore a pale yellow shirt specifically so I could rock the 'band and when I saw myself in the mirror I had to take it off--I am the youngest real employee in my group (clearly the intern is younger), not to mention that I tend to look younger than I am already, and I just couldn't handle it!

I know, I know, I'm sure you're all thinking what people are always telling me--I will be thankful for my "youthful appearance" when I'm older. I will be thirty five and I will get carded, and it will make my day or whatever. Someday I'm sure I'll think "they were right." But right now I'd settle for looking at least, oh, twenty while wearing the headband!

1 comments:

KaritaG said...

you WILL be grateful for your youthful appearance when you are old! And so will I?!

But, I love headbands too and I have the same problem! I either look like a seven-year old girl or a weird boy if I don't have hair around my face...I can't decide which is worse!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio