Thursday, April 17, 2008

this does not bode well.

um, what??? there's a global seed vault in svalbard? why, exactly, do we NEED a global seed vault? what, exactly, aren't they telling us? It's very Noah-and-the-ark, I think. And it freaks me out a little. I mean, it isn't all bad, having the ability to reintroduce extinct plants into their native lands. On one hand you could argue evolution, but in my opinion it's much more likely the result of pollution. but anyway. a global seed vault. what's next? an animal dna bank? people's dna bank? microorganisms frozen in petri dishes? and what do they think might happen. hmm.

2 comments:

Maria said...

The end of the world is coming. Repent.Repent.

(That's what it makes me think of -- doomsday predictions.)

katandkarl said...

yea - this is cRaZy. there was a story about it on 60 minutes or something and i was BLOWN AWAY. nuts.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio