Thursday, April 17, 2008

at the zombie jamboree.

~from where in the world is carmen san diego

if you don't remember it, this might remind you. or this. I totally used to have a crush on the blonde guy. I have NO IDEA why it popped into my head, but it did on my way to work.

speaking of work, today I'm wearing khakis and this cute lavender shirt and my jean jacket and brown flats. except I went to get water and go to the bathroom a few minutes ago, and I'd taken my jacket off, and as I went to wash my hands I thought "weird. that part looks lighter than the rest." because it was. turns out I have little bleach spots all over this shirt. apparently I wore it when I was using duac and didn't wait for the stuff to dry. needless to say, if I leave my office the jacket will be ON.

boo hiss for ruined work clothes.

also, I am REALLY enjoying the things that are for sale here. I've found some totally cute stuff that I have talked myself out of buying, and a few things I've decided are splurge-worthy. and some I'll just make for myself! kat sent me some eco-friendly links from here too (or at least I think this was it) and anyway, I like!



I got to play football last night, and that was fun but slightly off-putting, as people were all "what?!? let's just not ref. I mean, we aren't going to get into the tournament anyway, so those points don't matter." someone actually said that. very unsportsmanlike. I mean, yeah, reffing sucks, but somebody's gotta do it. And our team was signed up--it's how that league works. Players from another team stayed for our game. And of the six people there five (including me, I might add) hadn't done it. I said I would, but Matt offered to do it for me, since it was pretty clear that I'd have big honkin' dudes yelling at me after every call. Good thing too, because it was a tie game that went into overtime, and they yelled at him! So while he reffed I went home, made dinner and brought it to him so he could eat it before his indoor soccer game.

tonight I was supposed to play bunco, but it has been canceled. I was looking forward to it, but I gotta say, getting to chill out is kind of appealing, too. when I woke up this morning my nose was FREAKING OUT. I've calmed it with claritin and the use of a neti pot, but I'm still feeling kinda ick.

hope y'all like the picture and the new eco-links at the top. that way every cool link I find doesn't require a post. :)

1 comments:

SJ said...

Zombie Jamboree is one of my favorite songs of all time. The Belafonte version is hands-down the best, though.

...that is all. =)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio