Tuesday, April 29, 2008

if i was a flower growing wild and free all i'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee.

~barry louis polisar from juno's soundtrack.

hello readers.

please raise your hand if you like beer. no really, raise it up, just a little. i'll wait. okay, thanks. glad to know so many of you like it too!

I was wondering, if you were going to have a little taste-test for the beer-unaware, what would you serve? I'm thinking Newcastle, Blue Moon, this funky blueberry beer I have, Leinie's Summer Shandy and Shock Top. And then maybe something by Brooklyn, something more hoppy (Red Seal) and I'm not sure what else. I *might* bring out something with a little more oomph like Guiness, or go with something not quite as scary like Murphy's or Boddington's.

Also, if you have a beer you've been waiting to tell people about, NOW is your chance. Do it to it, people!

Matt and I finished watching a weird weird movie last night. Southland Tales. It isn't even worth the picture. It was bizarre. And we couldn't decide if they were trying too hard or not enough, but it just wasn't right. I suppose you could make it into a drinking game though--you have to drink every time you see a new actor you recognize? There's a bazillion of them, including Mr. Inconceivable from The Princess Bride. :)

I have been working like a mad woman. It has been MUCH easier knowing that every hour I work over means more money in my pocket. I've been calculating the extra time I've spent and determining how much that'll be after taxes, and thinking about how I'll spend it. House or medical bills. yeah.

Today I bought some things from buygreen.com--biodegradable kitty litter liners, trash bags and the doggie bags, which I plan on using when I empty out my cat's litter. If anyone nearby wants to try the bags for their cats, let me know and I'll give you a few to try out yourself. I'm hoping that this will be an excellent alternative to traditional trash bags!!

Next on my list is the composter. My plants will thank me. But before I start thinking about fertilizing them, I really need to get them into pots--all of my seedlings have died, pretty much, and I need to replant them. Guess I just got too busy. :(

ps-the layout is from pyzam.com if you'd like your very own. I just customized it and changed the width and got rid of the ugly banner bar at the top. Hopefully this layout will stick for a while. AND if you're changing it, don't forget to copy all of your extra stuff (like the links!) and bring that over, too!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Franzeschoner Weiss. Not sure I spelled that right, but a great wheat beer.

Warsteiner (Premium) Dunkel-- refreshingly light and flavorful dark beer.

Leffe-- Seriously good.

That's where I'd start...

I am all eco, but when it comes to beer, I love me some German and Belgian good stuff!

KaritaG said...

so, I tried pyzam also, how did you bring all of your links/pics over?!

Corrie said...

Okay, I'm not an exotic beer drinker, and I don't like trying new ones for fear I won't like them. I know, I'm boring!

I love Mexican beer...Dos Equis and Corona. My newest fave is Miller Chill.

M. said...

You must do Guinness. I know it's as dark as beer can get and it kindof scares some people, but you've got to give it a try.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio