Thursday, April 24, 2008

how to put a picture on your blog title...

a couple of people have mentioned this or asked me...here's what I did.

logged in, from the dashboard I went to "layout." And at the top of the layout was my title box. I hit "edit."

you'll see that you can browse for a picture and say how it should be oriented. mine is "behind title and description."

there's a tricky part though, and that's the cropping. because even if blogger shrinks to fit or whatever, you still need a picture that's the right dimensions or it'll stretch past the page. I used infranview, which is free, to make mine 920 wide and 260ish high. you'll have to play around with what dimensions look best for you. and though my title looks right on my work computer, the picture doesn't stretch far enough on my home computer. it's kinda fickle.

but anyway, that's how I did it. please let me know if you find a better way!

1 comments:

Maria said...

You should be able to look at the html code for your template and find the dimensions of your header and then size the picture to match or closely resemble that. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio