Friday, April 25, 2008

as it turns out...

I REALLY like this one. It's a foreclosure, actually, and pending some investigation by my realtor I may put in a ridiculously low bid on it. The floor plan is quite open on the bottom, and I totally like it.

there were a few I saw that were AWFUL and one that REEKED of smoke. like it seriously smelled like a bar. some were only three years old and already needed a new carpet and new paint. icks.

The older one I sent you to still has a lot of potential, but I need to see a different unit. It was at night, clear that everything was original, and the master bathroom was a shower stall. But it had some awesome natural light--some big almost-floor-to-ceiling windows, a sky light and lots of other natural light. We're going to go back a week from tomorrow and check out some of the other places.

It's hard though--if we were able to get the low price on the foreclosure, I'd potentially be paying, oh $10000 more for a 3-bedroom 2005 townhouse in a new area over the 2-bedroom 1984 townhouse that's not a part of a hot area. but man, that deck was AWESOME and the living room was BIG.

I need to go see more units in that complex, for sure.

It is great that so many of you like the old one though--it's nice that I'm not the only one who sees its charm. :) I'll keep you posted. pun intended. ha!

3 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

I can't believe you're buying a house! That's so exciting! Btw... when Chris and I were looking we found lots of eco-friendly houses in Durham. They were a tad more pricey but really cool. You should take a look.

Tonya said...

This one looks really good -- especially for a foreclosure. And having a bigger master bath than the older one means selling it would be a lot easier/more profitable. Has Matt seen any of them? Just curious. :)

KaritaG said...

btw we put in a "ridiculously low bid" on a foreclosure here in CO and got it! we remodeled the whole thing and are now renting it until the housing market goes up a little, but hope to make some money on it...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio