Sunday, March 30, 2008

think flowers.

~as written on the mud flaps of a semi. which totally made my day.

so, wednesday I went to myrtle beach to spend time with matt. we ate good food, we walked on the beach, we slept A LOT and relaxed. and I kind of watched a disgusting amount of america's next top model. I didn't mean to, but it was ON and I got SUCKED IN. That show is totally the devil. And I like it. Matt kept sneaking the channel over to the ANTM marathon whenever I got up or was getting ready or whatever--and the time kept creeping away.

and it. was. wonderful.

the whole theme of our time was "we are on vacation." i.e., we don't have a damn thing to do, so deal with it. and deal with it I did. :)

we went to crocodile rocks and made friends with the philly-folk across the table. we requested queen, asked the people what if you're not from the north OR the south (oklahoma is neither, you know) and also asked for them to play friendly little cat (the chick on the song is annoying but imagine a harley'd-out-dude with a ponytail playing the piano and singing this--SO funny). we also took shots. jello shots. from syringes.

I learned that Matt prefers his cereal mushy, which completely grosses me out. I determined that I really, REALLY want an opal ring (it is my birthstone after all). we went shopping at the outlet stores. we ate at the olive garden, which was deeeelicious. and we really had an incredible time on our vacay, our first just the two of us.

see: pictures.








we drove back on saturday morning and I had the WORST FOOD from wendy's I've ever had in my entire life. then I slept while he played soccer, and eventually we met up with some of his college friends to watch UNC win. boo on them! and then today we watched davidson v. kansas, and I'm sad to say davidson lost. but I still had a fun time.

and now...bedtime. before my FINAL day in my current job. I am SO excited. SO. I have a whole entire other post's worth of green things, and I'll share it with you tomorrow. just you wait. I think you'll like it! and high-five to all who participated in yesterday's earth hour!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Hooray for your new jobbie and for fun vacas right before it. What a way to appropriately transition!!!!

The Writer said...

You guys feed the fish at Boardwalk?

Been there many times... glad you enjoyed MB.

Del

KaritaG said...

For what it's worth, I consider OK to be southern and not NORTH at all. The food! The accents!! The humidity! The manners! The extended families! Cotillion! Although I do have some trouble determining whether it is really SOUTHEASTERN or SOUTHWESTERN in culture...because it's really not like GA/FL/SC, nor is it like AZ/NM/CO?!

care said...

we didn't feed the fish--we wanted to, but even more we wanted to get out of the wind!

I agree that OK isn't the north. I also agree it's southern. However, it isn't The South. I have learned in NC that a) if you don't serve sweet tea by default you're likely not southern, and that true southerners don't consider NC or VA part of "the south" at all.

As a matter of fact, I've been called a Northerner since I'm not from the south. It's kind of ridiculous, I think!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio